1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voicemail Software Update

I got a notification about a VoiceMail Update. From what I could tell, Sprint is going to offer Voicemail to Text for a cost!? Good Luck charging for it.

Got this update pushed to my phone on Saturday with a 30 day trial and then 1.99 a month. I don't get enough calls to warrant that, i'll past on that one. Its bad enough having to pay ten dollars for 4g which I rarely use on my Evo...3g and wifi suits me just fine.

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

I have not been notified yet. So what if you don't want the 30day trial? Will you still be able to use visual voicemail?

i like the VM to text feature. but not enough to pay extra for it.

ROM
    Stock Unrooted JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Got this update pushed to my phone on Saturday with a 30 day trial and then 1.99 a month. I don't get enough calls to warrant that, i'll past on that one. Its bad enough having to pay ten dollars for 4g which I rarely use on my Evo...3g and wifi suits me just fine.
    You do realize you aren't paying $10 for 4G. I would think as many post as you have around these forums you would know that by now. You pay the $10 extra a month because of the extra data that the Evo uses and if you were to be in a 4G area. Not specifically to use 4G. You were told this when you got the phone and it was part of the terms and agreement you signed. So many people seem to think it's for 4G data and you're all wrong. However there is a lot of cost to expand coverage for us all to eventually get 4G and for us to have the data to use it. Complaining about it does no good. They could issue a data cap like some other carriers did or have talked about and then when you suck up all your data in a week you have a cool phone that can't be used for nothing more then a telephone. Since you stated you don't get enough calls then you will just have a real expensive paperweight.

So in closing you don't pay specifically for 4G. Never have and probably never will. You are paying for the extra data these phones use.
    Please click the "Thanks" button if I have helped you out in any way.

Even in your darkest moments, you'll think of something that'll crack you up. ~ Brad Paisley
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    I have not been notified yet. So what if you don't want the 30day trial? Will you still be able to use visual voicemail?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    You do realize you aren't paying $10 for 4G. I would think as many post as you have around these forums you would know that by now. You pay the $10 extra a month because of the extra data that the Evo uses and if you were to be in a 4G area. Not specifically to use 4G. You were told this when you got the phone and it was part of the terms and agreement you signed. So many people seem to think it's for 4G data and you're all wrong. However there is a lot of cost to expand coverage for us all to eventually get 4G and for us to have the data to use it. Complaining about it does no good. They could issue a data cap like some other carriers did or have talked about and then when you suck up all your data in a week you have a cool phone that can't be used for nothing more then a telephone. Since you stated you don't get enough calls then you will just have a real expensive paperweight.

So in closing you don't pay specifically for 4G. Never have and probably never will. You are paying for the extra data these phones use.
    And to have truly unlimited data. No 5gb cap.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I opted for the free trial and the voice-to-text seems as bad or worse than the google voice version. Won't be continuing with the service after the 30 days.
    @theAdamCole
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I didn't even bother with the trial knowing it couldn't be better than Google's service (not saying much). As far as I know, this will have no impact on visual voicemail.

the VM to text feature is only as good as the articulation of your caller's words. i have some friends who like to talk fast and some that mumble. the technology is only going to be able to do so much - it's not magic.

that being said - it's been surprisingly good. it is accurate enough to give me a gist of what the message is about.