1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

Default Red triangle of death

So I was up very late last night and was trying to root my brand new EVO 4G and I got to the part where I was loading the zip file from my sd card and I was getting a radio failed and then when I reboot it goes back to the same thing and tries to download the zip file again. My question is I have cleared the memory on the phone and the sd card and just want it back to normal again. I was thinking taking it to sprint to maybe get them to swap it out, do you think they will? Are they going to give me hassles or any problems? Im pretty sure the root didn't work so nothing on the phone should show that I was trying to screw with it. As of right now the phone just boots to the EVO 4G screen and that's it.

I'm not sure if it will work, but have you looked into flashing from the RUU files?

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Try this take the battery out then put it back in hold the down volume key and then power on. Tell me what happened.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

Sorry man wife took it to sprint and got it swapped out for a brand new one, cool thing is they gave her a brand new one box and everything so now I have two chargers and cables!!!

Lol, well now you can put them on ebay and make some money

Quote Originally Posted by fubaracing7374 View Post
    Sorry man wife took it to sprint and got it swapped out for a brand new one, cool thing is they gave her a brand new one box and everything so now I have two chargers and cables!!!

Sent from my Evo 4g
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

Yeah that's true

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Or you could send them to me so I would have 2 of everything...lol Glad you got things worked out if try to root again and need help just let us know.

Later,
    Dave

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Or you could send them to me so I would have 2 of everything...lol Glad you got thing worked out if you decide to try to root again and need help just let us know

Later,
    Dave

Double post from a mod!!! LOL jk.... If you decide to root, head over to the hacks sections and we can help you out if there's an issue. There's always a bunch of us there =D Glad you got everything working out though..
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter

PS3- SpiderMonkee
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

I'm kind of scared to do it now since this one didn't work, I tried the unrevoked3 and that didn't work. I really just want to get wireless tethering, that's all. Think ill stay for now and do a little research and reading first. Thanks again for the help guys.

BLAH to unrevoked.... Use the sticky in the Hacks section. It's not hard at all. You need help we'll be there
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter

PS3- SpiderMonkee

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    BLAH to unrevoked.... Use the sticky in the Hacks section. It's not hard at all. You need help we'll be there
    Yup... we got your back if you run into any issues...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

The question I run into is I have a mac and it seems like everything is set up for windows. Am I going to run into issues with owning an EVO and a mac?

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fubaracing7374 View Post
    I'm kind of scared to do it now since this one didn't work, I tried the unrevoked3 and that didn't work. I really just want to get wireless tethering, that's all. Think ill stay for now and do a little research and reading first. Thanks again for the help guys.
    Im in the same boat want wireless tethering but to chicken and it doesn't help every time I start playing with it my girlfriend starts asking me what im doing and telling me im going to end up bricking my phone
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

Yeah that's what happened to me. The phone is in her name cause I still owe sprint money and she had to go get it replaced. All she said was, "quit screwing with your phone!!!"

Default EVO 4G Root --> Red Triangle of Death! ughhh!

Hey guys/gals,

So I am fairly new to rooting and all, but I have the same problem that baracing7374 had (link here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...gle-death.html)

I used the unRevoked method (link to the instructions here: )

..but..yeah, it failed on the radio update then just said the partition and update failed. Now I have the red triangle with the "!" through it. I can get into the boot screen (hold the down volume key and then power on), but no matter what I seem to do I can't fix it (I've even tried a "clear all" restore).

Any help??
    I'm phone-less until you smarty pants can help!

-Malcolm