How can i call and text through wifi keeping my number?

krisrock

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So i had to reduce my bill cuz of the tough times so i had to put my account on hold but i can still use wifi on my evo so i was wondering how i can call but most importantly text through wifi by keeping my number because i know i could use google voice to text but i have to use another number and i dont want to so i was wondering if theres another app. I am rooted and running fresh rom

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
If this was possible, why would any of us still be paying our phone bills?

WiFi calling is currently available on Tmo, but you still have to have normal service.

Tical

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I think your best bet is Google Voice... even though that doesn't give you exactly what you are looking for. You may be able to forward the number (which sprint recently changed to allow you to do for free), but I doubt it because your account is on hold. Google voice, will give you the benefit of continuing to use your phone, which has your address book and other contact information in it... If you are determined to use your old number, I guess you could stay logged into sprint's web sms system on your phone, it's not quite user friendly though...

krisrock

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I think your best bet is Google Voice... even though that doesn't give you exactly what you are looking for. You may be able to forward the number (which sprint recently changed to allow you to do for free), but I doubt it because your account is on hold. Google voice, will give you the benefit of continuing to use your phone, which has your address book and other contact information in it... If you are determined to use your old number, I guess you could stay logged into sprint's web sms system on your phone, it's not quite user friendly though...

wait so i could use the sprint web sms system without them charging me bcoz it is on hold

Tical

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
wait so i could use the sprint web sms system without them charging me bcoz it is on hold

I guess it depends on what "hold" means to sprint. I've never even heard of putting your account on 'hold' so I'm not sure what it would involve... If it means your account is effectively deactivated, then no, not even logging onto the account would help. However, if it's more of a 'active account, just no active phone' type of thing, then yes, you *might* be able to use it. But the downside of course is that you would miss any text messages that came when you logged out. When you are logged in, you see them come in through the interface.

I think you should just bite the bullet and go with google voice. It'll hurt at first to update people with the new number and all, but it'll fix your immediate problem (sort of) AND it'll open you up to all the benefits of having your gvoice number be your primary down the line if you need anything else funky.

Reactions: krisrock

krisrock

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I guess it depends on what "hold" means to sprint. I've never even heard of putting your account on 'hold' so I'm not sure what it would involve... If it means your account is effectively deactivated, then no, not even logging onto the account would help. However, if it's more of a 'active account, just no active phone' type of thing, then yes, you *might* be able to use it. But the downside of course is that you would miss any text messages that came when you logged out. When you are logged in, you see them come in through the interface.

I think you should just bite the bullet and go with google voice. It'll hurt at first to update people with the new number and all, but it'll fix your immediate problem (sort of) AND it'll open you up to all the benefits of having your gvoice number be your primary down the line if you need anything else funky.

yeah i guess your right and yeah thats the part kind of dont like updating ppl with my gnumber so yeah but i guess it's better in the long run

Eric1987

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
If this was possible, why would any of us still be paying our phone bills?

WiFi calling is currently available on Tmo, but you still have to have normal service.

Ignorance is BLISS isnt it? I use google voice combined with a sip account. Just download this app called sipdroid and set it up with your sip account. You can get a free sip account at sipgate.com. And to just make calls via your contacts get google voice callback. Set your google voice to default call your sip number so it works out perfectly.

53cuddlessb

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
So i had to reduce my bill cuz of the tough times so i had to put my account on hold but i can still use wifi on my evo so i was wondering how i can call but most importantly text through wifi by keeping my number because i know i could use google voice to text but i have to use another number and i dont want to so i was wondering if theres another app. I am rooted and running fresh rom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital