What features would you like to see added to the HTC Evo 4g Shift?

rockdrummersrock

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am sort of excited to hear that Sprint and HTC are looking at making the EVO V2. Bigger better and more amazing (although I'm not quite sure how that's possible.). What would you guys like to see from this potential phone?

Here's a 10 item wishlist of a few improvements I would totally love to see.

1. Better battery life! I bet HTC has been hard at work at improving on this. Especially since the only consistent negative in the reviews seemed to be battery life.

2. A keyboard! I really don't see this happening as I'm sure Sprint will leave the Epic as the top end phone with a keyboard and leave the new EVO/current gen as a nice solid brick phone for those who want something a little slimmer.

3. An option to turn sense off, in favor of stock. I am not sure how possible this would be and I am aware you could simply flash a rom, but it would be nice for those of us who are not the biggest fans of sense to have an alternative right out of the box.

4. Dedicated camera button. I know it's such a small thing but I do really missing being able to use my camera without any need to swipe through menus for a second or two. I know it would kind of ruin the simplicity of the device but still.

5. I would love love love it if the new EVO played nice with that wonderfully big seidio extended battery I bought. If it did and they implemented wish #1 I could go a week between charges, something I haven't been able to do since my pre-smartphone days.

6. A higher resolution display/camera sensor. Another point of pride for all those iphone users is that their retina display is so nice and great and that their camera is so much better. easiest way to shut their yaps? Have a 4.3 inch screen with an equal or better display! I personally don't see a large difference as my Evo pictures seem to turn out well. But hey I'll take an increase in MP with new hardware!

7. A battery cover/design that would protect the camera. This was a HUGE gripe with me at first and a large contributor as to why I bought the extended battery. From the start I thought the design was absurd and I'm sure this will be something that is fixed.

8. Access to micro SD without need to remove the battery. This is not the biggest issue ever but the few times I've had to remove my microSD card I am reminded of this little annoyance.

9. Gingerbread/Honeycomb/Ice Cream from launch. Sprint launched the first shot in the battle of the 4G's with the EVO and it has sold strong since day 1. What better way to launch Android's next big OS version than with the newest and best smartphone around?

10. A touch sensitive scroll ball/wheel/thing. After playing with a Droid Incredible and Nexus One, I enjoyed the touch sensitive button in the middle of these devices usable for scrolling, selecting, etc. It's not necessary but just a nice feature that could be added between the normal 4 android buttons.

Well there you have it everyone! My list of additions to make the EVO Shift continue the dominance started with our EVO 4g's! What tweaks/improvements would you guys like to see?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Better processor, better GPU, higher resolution screen, better camera app.. the camera itself is a really good camera but htc in their great wisdom decided to use a crappy driver and crappy sofware.. Can't think of anything else. I love my Evo as is =D

boomhower1820

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Faster CPU/GPU is a given. Most likely they will use updated snapgragon but I would love to see a Tegra 2.

Agreed on the camera button.

Battery life isn't going to improve until we get a better battery technology.

Camera that doesn't stick out would be nice.

Non-sense isn't going to happen.

SD card without removing the battery is a must have. The current design is stupid.

Newest OS is a given.

2.3 will come out this winter and 3.0 sometime at the beginning of next year. The Shift will come out sometime after that sporting 3.0. I bet the EVO will not get the 3.0 until after the Shift comes out, likely much later.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
1, 4, and 8 for me, in that order. Maybe better video, too... not that I use it much.

I'd like it if the "Shift" was a telephoto lens that slides over the main camera lens, giving optical telephoto. Or maybe tele on one end and wide angle on the other (double shift).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34