1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default System Updated Last Night???

Did anyone receive a system update last night by any chance? I did... not sure what it actually updated but my screen started acting funky today. The screen out of no where started being unresponsive.

Anyone else experience this? If so, what have you done to correct any of it?

Thanks in advance,

Jdub__

Received an update but for voicemail only...

Quote Originally Posted by jdub__ View Post
    Did anyone receive a system update last night by any chance? I did... not sure what it actually updated but my screen started acting funky today. The screen out of no where started being unresponsive.

Anyone else experience this? If so, what have you done to correct any of it?

Thanks in advance,

Jdub__
    Banned

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

i dont think you had any system update. i ran the firmware and the system updates and nothing. I think you had a program update from something in the market place. I have my phone set to automatically update everything, thus i dont need to worry to run the download in the marketplace. i check each program with the option to auto update.

lets face it with gingerbread its vaporware until it comes out. notice onone not one person has a leaked version for any android phone. Perhaps google will just kill it and say we are gonna release android 3.x in january and its only a month away anyhow so just wait...

dzuchowski, I am not sure how you can definitively say he did not have a system update. If you read the forums, there are a certain batch of EVOs that are actually getting a HTC Software Update to address some issues with the camera. Maybe he got the update last night.

Quote Originally Posted by RobFla View Post
    Received an update but for voicemail only...

This is what I received also. It was a Sprint voice mail update, so I didn't let it threw until I read here. I was hoping you guys would already have the dirty little details.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

thanks for all the responses.... And yes, it was a "System Update" not an application update.

Jdub__

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn Warm TwoPointTwo

Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
    i dont think you had any system update. i ran the firmware and the system updates and nothing. I think you had a program update from something in the market place. I have my phone set to automatically update everything, thus i dont need to worry to run the download in the marketplace. i check each program with the option to auto update.

lets face it with gingerbread its vaporware until it comes out. notice onone not one person has a leaked version for any android phone. Perhaps google will just kill it and say we are gonna release android 3.x in january and its only a month away anyhow so just wait...
    I'm pretty sure people can tell the difference between an application update and a system update.

I was one of the few (as it seems so far) that got a system update.
    "When there is no more room left in hell, the dead will walk the earth."