How to get the WiMax notifier light to, uh, notify me about WiMax

californian#AC

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Many of you know how to use the multi-colored LED, a.k.a the "WiMax indicator light" located on the *right* hand side of the grill as a notification tool for SMS/MMS ( See here if you're interested: How to use WiMAX LED on HTC EVO for SMS/MMS notifications )

Now that 4G has come to my quiet little sourdough-bread valley town, I'm wondering if I accidentally stray close enough to one of them shiny new 4G towers, if the WiMax notifier light can fulfill its creator imbued destiny and start blinking so that I might immediately browse the web and download some crap or other.

I can find a notification setting that adds 4g! to my notification bar...but nothing about the light.

Here's hoping someone might know. :)

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I have 4G here in L.A. but that LED never comes on so I have no idea if it's supposed to be a 4G indicator or not.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So far I havent seen any in any of the settings (stock or notifier) for a 4g notification.....e-mail the developer maybe?

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
So far I havent seen any in any of the settings (stock or notifier) for a 4g notification.....e-mail the developer maybe?

he's talking about the LED light. There is an LED light on your Evo on the right side that blinks green to indicate 4G connection (supposedly) but it doesnt work. There was an app on the market that let you turn that light on for other things instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49