Cloning my SD card

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

(cyanogenmod 6.1RC1, Backup, my SD contains also Titanium app backups and several ROM backups by Rom Manager)

1. I want to make a backup of my SD card. 8G as the stock one should be fine but I can also go 16G. What brand or spec should I look for? I don't mind to pay for reliability.

2. How should I format the new SD card? Is a standard Windows formatting good enough or do I need to create special partitions, etc?

3. What is a good way to clone the SD card. Is a file copy/paste in Windows good enough?

4. Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks,

kam

papachan

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Similar scenario here...

Hi all,

(cyanogenmod 6.1RC1, Backup, my SD contains also Titanium app backups and several ROM backups by Rom Manager)

1. I want to make a backup of my SD card. 8G as the stock one should be fine but I can also go 16G. What brand or spec should I look for? I don't mind to pay for reliability.

Newegg: Kingston 16GB, class 4, $36.99+$2.99 S&H, item #20-139-192

2. How should I format the new SD card? Is a standard Windows formatting good enough or do I need to create special partitions, etc?

FAT32 works fine... Actually, card works fine out of the box.

3. What is a good way to clone the SD card. Is a file copy/paste in Windows good enough?

That's exactly what I did...

Class 4 works fine...

Thanks,

kam

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks,

kam

1) Id just get one of the name brand one.
2)You shouldn't need to partition your card.It should be ready to go when you buy it.
3)A simple copy&paste should be fine.
4)Just make sure to have the phone off before you switch out cards.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay