Battery down 10% in ten minutes...

reynoldsrobbie

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Maybe its your phone? hey you had a Pre and you should know what to do swap it out for another. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I had about 4 different Pre's. I tried to have this one replaced because of a bright spot on the screen and a blown speaker. They just repaired the unit. My wife just upgraded to the EVO and she does get a few more hours than myself, but nothing to make me think its my phone. Maybe Ill take it back again. Wonder how many times you need to have it repaired before they replace it????

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
stock evo, and i get great battery life, esp compared to my palm pre.... my evo has no problem lasting all day with moderate use. i even use a live wallpaper, and some sports widgets

+1, Although i'm averaging 12hrs its usually last all day and I have 8 widgets 6 of them active and i'm also stock.

Haven't had the urge to root because my phone does everything I need with whats available on the market, with wallpapers, clocks and widgets, etc.

You must be a worst cast scenario.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I had about 4 different Pre's. I tried to have this one replaced because of a bright spot on the screen and a blown speaker. They just repaired the unit. My wife just upgraded to the EVO and she does get a few more hours than myself, but nothing to make me think its my phone. Maybe Ill take it back again. Wonder how many times you need to have it repaired before they replace it????

probably 3 times. I think thats a good number to complain that the phone is defective. At least that's the general rule of thumb with cars.. If it's about 3 repairs within x amount of months/years... then you could probably get away with a defective complaint requesting an upgraded phone at a drastically reduced price...

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
No, ROMs are not themes. Themes are applied to ROMs. A theme is the color scheme, icon sets, etc. Basically how the ROM looks.

A ROM is Read Only Memory. It runs like a program. It's responsible for the user interface, how the system interacts with you.

When you theme something, all your doing is changing icons, colors, etc. Like... a halloween theme would have halloween icons for all the apps, and orange and black color scheme...

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I took my phone off the charger at 9:30 AM and had an above average phone usage day.

I took 4 phone calls, with total talk time of about 1 hour. Searched the web while cooking for a recipe ingredient, used google goggles to help me look up a product, took 6 photos at a grade school fund raiser, showed the photos on the phone to my wife, read a few facebook updates, and checked and managed my gmail a few times because I was away from my computer a bunch. Plus, I use live wallpaper.

At midnight I thought of this thread so I checked my battery before I plugged it in for the night and I was at 65%.

Those that are getting 4 hours must have unrooted phones with 4g data and gps turned on constantly with twitter, mail, and facebook updated automatically every minute while texting and/or talking on the phone constantly.

callderek#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
paradroid...Wow, that's awesome battery life! I am unrooted but have all of the other stuff turned off. I did calibrate my battery and went from 5-6 hrs to 12-14 hours. Pretty happy with that, concidering...

bender1077

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
How do you calibrate your battery may I ask?

Charge battery to 100% and clear battery stats after charged. Let completely drain until phone shuts off. Keep turning on phone until nothing happens. Fully charge, and run until juice runs out again. Works fairly well.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
There's a lot you can do to get 30 hours. A lot of it involves rooting. I'm not sure about an unrooted phone... it's pretty much watching your settings closely, as well as calibrating the battery.

If you root, then it's all based on the kernel, settings, ROM, applications (autostarts is amazing), overclocking or underclocking (underclocking for battery life), and the list goes on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol