1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android Market System Force Close help.

Does anyone have this Problem? every time I press the "update all" in the My downloads section of the Market I get a force close on my Evo. Does any one have a clue as to why this is happening? I have "fresh" installed if that helps.

I get the same issue on my phone sometimes. Annoying to be sure. I'm guessing it has to do with recent market updates regarding android 2.3

ROM
    Stock

You're not using a task killer are you?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by truslide View Post
    You're not using a task killer are you?
    No, I was told not to so I never downloaded it. I hope 2.3 rolls out soon. I noticed almost all the apps have updated hopefully a sign of coming 2.3?

Happens to me to on my EVO. It also has happened after i did a hard re-set and installed new apps from scratch and not just updating them. Its also random. It only happens about 1 out of ever 7 times i use it. Once i choose force close and open it again it works just fine. So i just put up with it for now.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    ROM
    VaelPak Asop 2.2

Same as bigwrigg, does not occur each time. However, it is often enough to be frustrating. At first I thought it had something to do with wifi to no avail... Hopefully as previously posted it has something to do with the 2.3 release and will be fixed sooner rather than later.

ROM
    Stock

Well I know that the market has had some things going on. There's supposed to be a big update coming for the market. So the census is that it is happening to more users....

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    Does anyone have this Problem? every time I press the "update all" in the My downloads section of the Market I get a force close on my Evo. Does any one have a clue as to why this is happening? I have "fresh" installed if that helps.
    Same here...

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/ Bonsai

This started happening to me also when I do update all. I'm stock Evo but noticed it happening after I updated Launcher Pro.

I am seeing this as well. I hope that it gets fixed soon...

ROM
    Stock

You guys mentioned it happens when you select update all. Have you tried updating the apps one by one?

Updating apps individually has the same result, random force closes.

same thing here. Tad bit annoying.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by truslide View Post
    You guys mentioned it happens when you select update all. Have you tried updating the apps one by one?

I do one at a time as-well and I get the same result but oddly enough if I do one at a time and wait for each one to install before starting another update it works fine. It seems almost as if there is an overload of some sort when u try an update all. Whats the point of having that feature in the first place if u can't use it? but even with this going I still rather have this than an IPoon 4. Love my evo regardless just an inconvenience.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Same issues here

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Just happened to me for the first time today. Thanks to th OP for pointing this out I couldn't figure out why this had happened.

Later,
    Dave