EVO/qik- no sound???

njackson580

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi all.

I just finally got my gf to switch to Sprint AND Androind. im using the EVO, she just got the Epic. Fring seems to work as a video calling service, but its so unreliable, id rather use something else. qik seems like it would be the better app, however, i cant hear anything on my EVO. 3G, she hears me for a split second, then gone. WiFi, she hears/sees me all day. but im still stuck WITH NO SOUND. doesnt matter if im 3G or WiFi(dont live close enough to 4G tower), i can always see her, but never hear. any suggestions?

P.S. my EVO is rooted using UnREVOKED forever method. no custom roms other than the rooted version of froyo. only mod i have is wireless tether. please tell me thats not the problem...?

Thank you in advance.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Why haven't u tried tango, my wife also has an epic n I have a evo n when I'm at work we video chat all the time through tango, best one yet besides yahoo messenger

Reactions: njackson580

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
My mother -in-law has the epic. I couldn't hear her until she pressed her mike button. Then I could hear her.

Yes, using Qik one of the people will have a "talk" button. Not sure which person but refer to the link below.

The Epic on the left the person has a talk button. It is almost like a walkie talkie, they have to press it for the other person to hear them but the other person's mic is always on.

http://static.skattertech.com/media/2010/08/samsung-epic-4g-and-htc-evo-4g-qik-video-chat.jpg

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, using Qik one of the people will have a "talk" button. Not sure which person but refer to the link below.

The Epic on the left the person has a talk button. It is almost like a walkie talkie, they have to press it for the other person to hear them but the other person's mic is always on.

http://static.skattertech.com/media/2010/08/samsung-epic-4g-and-htc-evo-4g-qik-video-chat.jpg

The most recent Qik update for the EVO got rid of the walkie talkie button, though. The Epic's didn't?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non