Messaging App force closing

DougBlossom

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I've been searching for an answer to my frustrating problem for a while with no luck. The messaging app keeps force closing itself. The whole phone will then become laggy until I pull the battery and restart. The problem starts again the second I fire up the messaging app. This has made texting impossible.

I do keep getting a warning saying I am running low on disk space. I have gone through and tried deleting what I don't use. Is there a recommended amount of space to keep free? Could that be my issue?

Customer Care told me that it was an app interfering. I always find better solutions here!

Any suggestions and/or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok try this if havent,,,,cover the basics first....Go to the menu-settings-apps-manage apps...and move everything you can to sd card.....then back out one click and go to running apps and close the apps you dont think u need running....then clear ur caches......see if that will increase ur internal memory

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a task killer? If you have been, have you been force closing the messenger app?

What vel7wil said is probably the best/only way to resolve the issue. If not, you'll have to do something more invasive.

If you are running on low disk space tho, when you try to run the messenger activity, the phone could be lagging because of that.

You're probably not, but are you root? If you are I have another solution for you.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
humm I wonder if purging some of your older messages or placing a limitation would help?
Messages App>Menu>Settings>Delete Old messages

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12