Handcent SMS users

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI....If your a handcent users and you,ve been getting updates you might want to do this.......uninstall and reinstall....I've gotten a couple of updates lately and began having problems with the app. I did this and couldnt believe the changes in the app. For some reason the updates were there but didnt take efect until i uninstalled.

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a couple of updates the other day as well, but what should I expect to change doing a reinstall? everything seems to be working fine for me and i've seen some new features (popup notifications, themes)...

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I always thought the changes were just bug fixes... Am i missing something? Btw.. I sent you a message on KIK... since you're never on gtalk anymore lol...

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
They posted something about it in their changelog I believe. They advised that if you experience ANY problem with the app, or you don't notice an update then uninstall and reinstall. I think maybe they had an issue where they had to re-do the apk and the new updates wont work properly if you have an older version of Handcent... I haven't noticed any issues but Handcent is starting to lose it's flare with me...

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
They posted something about it in their changelog I believe. They advised that if you experience ANY problem with the app, or you don't notice an update then uninstall and reinstall. I think maybe they had an issue where they had to re-do the apk and the new updates wont work properly if you have an older version of Handcent... I haven't noticed any issues but Handcent is starting to lose it's flare with me...

I remember seeing that... but in true Dex Fashion I ignored it.... :cool:

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hmm.. I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall. See if I see anything different. I dont think there's a better texting app imo tho

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Hands down, handcent is the best testing app. I have yet to find another. I like the customization of it. But like I said... starting not to care. Kinda miss sense, stock Rom... I dunno. I flashed a new kernel, maybe that'll give me my fix...

Anyway... just un-install then reinstall. Save ur settings first tho. Then apply after reinstall.:)

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hands down, handcent is the best testing app. I have yet to find another. I like the customization of it. But like I said... starting not to care. Kinda miss sense, stock Rom... I dunno. I flashed a new kernel, maybe that'll give me my fix...

Anyway... just un-install then reinstall. Save ur settings first tho. Then apply after reinstall.:)

Blasphemer!!! lol... Dude... I was on stock a couple of weeks ago.. trust me.. it's worse than going from your Evo X to an 86 Tercel

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ya I tried going back to handcent but I could turn regular messages off. So I was getting two messages all the time.

Go to the stock messaging app and go to the settings. Turn off the notifications. You wont get any messages from that app anymore only from Hancent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey