Daily Horoscope App and AOSP Messaging/Handcent.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the daily horoscope app and everyday i send my wife her horoscope. I had always used a sense rom with the sense messaging app and never had a problem. I recently started using CM 6.1 and neither the AOSP Messaging app nor Handcent sends the message. It shows as sent on my evo but she never gets them. Can anyone help me. I would hate to go back to a sense rom just for this reason.

Thanks
Andrew

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
have you updated ur handsent app recently....I found out last week that if you have updated but havent uninstalled and then reinstalled, the updates didnt quite take......but to make sure its sending check both ur default messaging and handcent.......if both show it as sent then it sholud be ok.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the phone's sms, but I've been using CM6+ for a while. Some people have this problem with text messages, you can check further in the devs/hacks section, as well as over at [ROM][BBQ] CyanogenMod-6.1 for EVO :: V6.1.0 (12/05/2010) - xda-developers & CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on FroYo. - I'm almost 90% sure that cure is to re-flash a sense rom and send some messages then go back to CM6+ to get it going again. If however you can send and receive other messages than ignore what I said.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the phone's sms, but I've been using CM6+ for a while. Some people have this problem with text messages, you can check further in the devs/hacks section, as well as over at [ROM][BBQ] CyanogenMod-6.1 for EVO :: V6.1.0 (12/05/2010) - xda-developers & CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on FroYo. - I'm almost 90% sure that cure is to re-flash a sense rom and send some messages then go back to CM6+ to get it going again. If however you can send and receive other messages than ignore what I said.
My texting works except if sent from the horoscope app.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
That's really strange, is there any difference between a text that appears to be from the app as opposed to one sent through the messaging app or handcent itself?

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I could see the stock app throwing that out but not handcent, wish I could be of more help here.

You can try to give chompSMS a whirl and see if it works better for you.

Thanks. I'll try that when I go baCk to cyanogen. Right now I'm rocking the Calkulin HD ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2