Huskerfan

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, I'm new to android (EVO) and having problems connecting to my home network. I'm using a Linksys WRTG54GS router. I can connect to any open network but just not able to connect to my home network. Would like to know if anyone else had problems similar to minds. If so, could you provide assistance? The phone see's the network but continues to try obtaining the IP address and disconnecting. I've tried 3 different BB's and had no problems connecting to the network.

Last edited:

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you have an MAC address filter set up on your router?

If so, you will need to add the MAC address of your EVO to the "allow" list.
You can find the MAC address of your EVO as follows:

Settings>Wireless & networks>Wi-Fi settings>(Menu Button)>Advanced

Reactions: Huskerfan

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
You may want to press change the password after a long press on the wireless signal and from there you may be able to change some of the connection settings for that network since it could be trying to connect to the router rather have the router being a vehicle to the internet

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
i have the same problems when i try to connect any device to my home network, some connect some do not... they seem to get stuck on optaining adress and only the lucky few get pass that and actually make a connection

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i have the same problems when i try to connect any device to my home network, some connect some do not... they seem to get stuck on optaining adress and only the lucky few get pass that and actually make a connection

I found that sometimes my phone will see the router, have the correct pass phrase and try unsucessfully to connect . When that happens I reboot my router and the phone usually connects right away. Don't know why since my laptop connects OK but its worth a try.

Walter

swohguy4u

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have tried all of the above and still cant connect. I was able to connect when I first got the phone 1 week ago. I am wondering if an update has caused to problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463