forgotten evo screen lock pin..need to unlock

whtnyhwkns

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Want to fix this without losing my text messages they are very important. Sprint told me how to do it with a pattern but couldnt tel me how to reset it with a numerical pin

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
so to clarify you locked your EVO with a numeric PIN but now have forgotten the PIN?

my guess is that it works just like the pattern lock. after X number of wrong attempts it sends an email to your Gmail account and tells you how to unlock it.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
you try your bank pin numbers? street address, commonly used 4 digit numbers? it HAS to be something you know because it asks you for the pin then to verify it... so it's not like there was an extra number when you input it or something...

last 4 digits of your cell phone number?

try calling the phone, then when the phone is on try to press the home button, it probably wont work but...

you might just have to hard reset it..

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
you try your bank pin numbers? street address, commonly used 4 digit numbers? it HAS to be something you know because it asks you for the pin then to verify it... so it's not like there was an extra number when you input it or something...

last 4 digits of your cell phone number?

try calling the phone, then when the phone is on try to press the home button, it probably wont work but...

you might just have to hard reset it..

can a locked device be hard reset by the user? how?

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Call Sprint. *2

A customer the other day said she had ordered text messages from Sprint on one of her lines. Takes a few days, but they might be able to help. She deals with troubled youth. Not sure if she actually had, but might be worth a shot.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
do you have a Gmail address associated with the phone? it seems odd to me that the Pattern Lock will send an email but the Numeric PIN does not.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
you'll actually have to hold vol down + power button to get into the bootloader.

Then press power to select bootloader
scroll down using vol down, select clear storage
then it will prompt you to erase user data.

Contact sprint to request transcripts of text messages. Tell them it's for legal purposes.

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
MY ex changed it so that i couldnt get back in my phone... I have no clue
Do you have any backup apps installed on the phone(i.e Lookout, Wavesecure,MyBackupPro)? Most of these apps backup text messages. Sad, I had this happen to me before. I was getting text from a chick so my girl changed my pin and would text the chick back(pretending to be me, to get information) and locked me out of the phone so I couldnt read or respond to what the chick was saying. Oh the horror.

So you're either a victim of a nosey significant other, or a significant other trying to be nosey & cant get in. Sucks either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22