Laptop.com Smartphone Survey - Palm Pre is beating the EVO?

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
This is what the pre community does best to justify the pre when everyone knows its not a good phone. Its too bad they are not that good in sales as they are in polls.

Reactions: gbm85
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I came to the EVO from a Pre. I really love BOTH phones! If the screen lock button hadn't busted on my Pre, I'd still be happy using it. It just needs a faster processor and better hardware. WebOS is a nice OS. Still has some growing to do, but it's headed int he right direction. I'm interested to see where HP will take it, and what kind of new devices they will design.

That said, I couldn't be happier with my EVO. It's such a solid phone. The OS has been solid since day one, and the hardware is excellent! HTC really makes great stuff!

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
It's kind of a funny way to make a story where there isn't one. The Pre community is more active, because you have to be up in the forums asking questions, creating/adding hacks patches, etc. I was right there with them and felt it was great that I could do all these sweet things on my own to make my device more to my liking....

...but then I got my EVO, and it just did everything without my having to patch, overclock, etc, because its a more refined OS. So, the moral is, now I'm less active on the forums because I have less frustrations, less questions, so I'm less likely to be part of a 'campaign' which I'm sure is being run....this is likely just to help justify the reasoning for staying with a bad device even as most have become eligible to upgrade to a new device.

What would be more realistic? Someone reaching out to Joe Consumer and doing a survey like this, not within the nerd community LOL

Reactions: sveilien

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
It's kind of a funny way to make a story where there isn't one. The Pre community is more active, because you have to be up in the forums asking questions, creating/adding hacks patches, etc. I was right there with them and felt it was great that I could do all these sweet things on my own to make my device more to my liking....

...but then I got my EVO, and it just did everything without my having to patch, overclock, etc, because its a more refined OS. So, the moral is, now I'm less active on the forums because I have less frustrations, less questions, so I'm less likely to be part of a 'campaign' which I'm sure is being run....this is likely just to help justify the reasoning for staying with a bad device even as most have become eligible to upgrade to a new device.

What would be more realistic? Someone reaching out to Joe Consumer and doing a survey like this, not within the nerd community LOL

Beautifully explained.

4cdndctn

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree - I came out of the Pre community and that explanation fits perfectly. The Pre community is much more organized and "active."

Indeed - The forum experience (mostly through sister site precentral) was fantastic. Fortunately, many have left and come here!

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I loved my pre but the hardware was the problem for me the OS was the best thing to come out and its only going to get better. Once they get there hardware up to date they will be a force to mess with

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800