Music plays after hang-up

mp0510

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
A family friend just got an EVO. She's having a problem I've never had, so I'm hoping someone else can suggest a solution.

Whenever she recieves a call, the music player starts playing when she disconnects from the call.

Details: She just got the phone yesterday, so she's using the stock music player. She's NOT using any headset, this is the phone speaker. She hasn't installed then uninstalled any apps, she just got the phone and is learning how to use the basic stuff first. It has the stock memory card (2GB?). The music is NOT playing before the call, just abruptly starts afterwards all by itself.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Mike

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Have her check all her music files and make sure there is no music on the phone she didnt put there....could be a phone that was turned in prior to the 30 policy. If there is they chances are there is a ringback app on the phone that plays after u hang up...or check all phone settings on the phone and make sure somethings not turned on to activate that behavior....if thats not it take it back for a replacement

mp0510

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So what is a ringback app? I have multiple aps, but that is not something I've ever checked into.

What settings would I (or she) look at to turn on/off this behavior? I couldn't find any on mine, so where would I tell her to look?

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
These are ringtone apps that may have been put on the phone if it was a return phone....was just taking a wild guess

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Stock SD card is 8 so if its a 2 in there, its definitely not brand new. Other than that, an answer to the question is to hard reset the device. You can store contacts to the SD if Google didnt sync them and Factory Reset the device. If it happens after, take it back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC