Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Things I've done with my other phone, that i can't do with my Evo.

Just as the topic states-

Post all feature(s) you miss here:

Webos elegant multitasking - up to 35 application(s) open at one time.
    A physical keyboard, however... I'm getting use to the (Evo) virtual keyboard.
    Last edited by rushrl; 12-13-2010 at 07:01 PM.

ROM
    Stock

Use it as a paper weight...

There's nothing my EVO can't do...

Droid tries. EVO does...

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Fit it in your shirt pocket

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/ Bonsai

There is nothing my Evo can't do that the Pre could do...I really don't miss the error messages that I have too many cards open when only 1 app is open, or the power button breaking off 3 times, or having to apply patches just to make the phone do what it should of done out of the box.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I miss being able to just open my pre and type to get to whatever I want (contacts, apps, internet browsing/websites). Pressing the search button on my EVO is actually a hassle for me, and I don't know why.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by laurenta View Post
    I miss being able to just open my pre and type to get to whatever I want (contacts, apps, internet browsing/websites). Pressing the search button on my EVO is actually a hassle for me, and I don't know why.
    add the google search widget on your home screen and in the settings tell google search to search your phone as well as apps and anything else you'd like.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truslide View Post
    add the google search widget on your home screen and in the settings tell google search to search your phone as well as apps and anything else you'd like.
    ahhh, perfect. I never bothered to actually check the settings, thanks!

ROM
    Stock

SERIOUSLY! I just saw that this SAME THREAD is posted as a sticky at the top of this page...

jeez... Mods can we merge thread please?

Quote Originally Posted by laurenta View Post
    ahhh, perfect. I never bothered to actually check the settings, thanks!
    You're welcome.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by evoKY View Post
    There is nothing my Evo can't do that the Pre could do...I really don't miss the error messages that I have too many cards open when only 1 app is open, or the power button breaking off 3 times, or having to apply patches just to make the phone do what it should of done out of the box.
    Yea, I do remember them days. There were more complaint thread than anything else. The too many cards error - now that's a feature I certainly don't miss.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by truslide View Post
    SERIOUSLY! I just saw that this SAME THREAD is posted as a sticky at the top of this page...
    READ THAT THREAD AGAIN.
    They are both two different topics.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    READ THAT THREAD AGAIN.
    They are both two different topics.
    touche good Sir... excuse my lysdexia...

black berry messenger lol

ROM
    Stock 3D, CM 7.1

Spend less time on my phone. Seriously, my wife gets pissed at me because I am always on my phone. All the time. Where ever we go. On the phone.

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Remember that Sprint commercial where the guy hits the other guy in the head with the phone and calls it Sprint security feature. Well I cant do that well at least not twice.

lol
    Dave

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/ Bonsai

I agree with Bnrbranding, I get the same exact thing from my wife! No gadget has ever before kicked in that jealousy attitude until the Evo!

Have texts and IM all in one thread, with the conversion threads being sorted by who I'm talking to, not how I'm talking to them.

I wish handscent would update their app to include gtalk, aim, yahoo, and whatnot all in one app. I get so sick of having to switch from gtalk to handscent and back. I don't even stay signed into and use all the messengers I used to because of having to have a separate app for all of them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I came from blackberry to this. I dont miss the battery pulls, i do miss bbm and the longest battery life i have ever had in a phone (seriously, i was able to get about 3 days with heavy usage on my old tour) but oh well. Love this phone to death

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
    Remember that Sprint commercial where the guy hits the other guy in the head with the phone and calls it Sprint security feature. Well I cant do that well at least not twice.

lol
    Dave
    That commercial kills me every time I see it... Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by evoKY View Post
    I agree with Bnrbranding, I get the same exact thing from my wife! No gadget has ever before kicked in that jealousy attitude until the Evo!
    Yep. Girlfriend actually GETS jealous because i'll be on my phone while we're shopping, talking, watching TV, etc. I know it's bad... there's no excuse.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    Have texts and IM all in one thread, with the conversion threads being sorted by who I'm talking to, not how I'm talking to them.

I wish handscent would update their app to include gtalk, aim, yahoo, and whatnot all in one app. I get so sick of having to switch from gtalk to handscent and back. I don't even stay signed into and use all the messengers I used to because of having to have a separate app for all of them.

I really miss that feature very too. I'm. Optimistic that certain features might soon be compatible with androids.

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    ROM
    frEVO LTE

I love my EVO infinitely over my old Pre, but one real functional thing the Pre has better is audio quality on video recording and better night video recording quality. My EVOs video sounds and looks horrible for night recording. Thing that sucks is that the EVO is capable of quality, 44khz audio but HTC thought they should make it sound like 8khz crap.

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

Play angry birds WITHOUT those f*cking ads and use apps like stream to me without any issues (androstream sucks). Oh yeah, there's this game called rage...
    Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2013 | iMac 27' 2011 | iPhone 6+ 128GB | Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I love my EVO infinitely over my old Pre, but one real functional thing the Pre has better is audio quality on video recording and better night video recording quality. My EVOs video sounds and looks horrible for night recording. Thing that sucks is that the EVO is capable of quality, 44khz audio but HTC thought they should make it sound like 8khz crap.
    I was wondering what the issue was with video recording with this thing. I expected it to be amazing, but I find that I get about as much in the way of artifacts and other glitchiness as I did with precorder (the homebrew solution from before Pres had a video app). I know you mentioned audio on vids, but I feel life the video isn't what I had expected.

Maybe it's just playback that's bad, I don't know since I really don't watch videos online that I record on my phone. I'll have to check on that sometime soon.

It may sound counter-intuitive but I may turn down the quality some to see if it helps. Like maybe the phone can't really keep up with the 720p it's rated for? I don't know...

Still a great phone though!

This one has more to do with a specific app, but I really miss being able to scroll back through songs that have been played in Pandora and thumbs up/down them.

This was really handy when working out, or doing the dishes or something that you can't get your hands on the phone while a song is still playing. I hope Pandora updates and gives this functionality to android soon.

If I'm wrong and there is a way to scroll back through songs in Pandora on here, please let me know! Thanks.

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    ROM
    frEVO LTE

Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    I was wondering what the issue was with video recording with this thing. I expected it to be amazing, but I find that I get about as much in the way of artifacts and other glitchiness as I did with precorder (the homebrew solution from before Pres had a video app). I know you mentioned audio on vids, but I feel life the video isn't what I had expected.

Maybe it's just playback that's bad, I don't know since I really don't watch videos online that I record on my phone. I'll have to check on that sometime soon.

It may sound counter-intuitive but I may turn down the quality some to see if it helps. Like maybe the phone can't really keep up with the 720p it's rated for? I don't know...

Still a great phone though!

I know the videocam app is recording audio at 8kHz. I don't know if they were trying to save on bandwidth to have the ability to shoot 720p, but to have telephone-quality audio is just dumb. Especially if you try to record something with music. I was hoping someone would have made a better 3rd party video recording app by now
    Always pimpin'
    PunnyShirts.com

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

Let's see...send MMS files in Google talk app. How could my Blackberry do this but my GOOGLE phone can't. Gtalk is finnicky as hell too. Won't stay signed in, tells my friends that I am unavailable when I actually am, etc. And yes, I have explored and played around with all the settings.

I miss a reliable email client. Granted I have not used all of the 3rd party email apps out there but the stock one has let me down a number of times. Some issues I've had: stops syncing randomly and has trouble sending/forwarding messages over wifi. I also liked being able to delete a message on my phone but still having it saved on my pc which I can't seem to do with the EVo.

I also miss the sound and notification profiles of my blackberry which has not proven to be near as customizable on the Evo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast