How do you initiate a text to AIM account?

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I am referring to the stock messaging app.

I can chat with an AIM user if they initially send me a text but I haven't figured out how to start one.

I put the AIM's screen name in the person's contact info in the IM box and selected AIM (do AIM accounts have extensions like email addresses? I just put the person's screen name). When I go to send a text and select the contact, only phone numbers and primary email address show up, no AIM account.

Thanks in advance.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am referring to the stock messaging app.

I can chat with an AIM user if they initially send me a text but I haven't figured out how to start one.

I put the AIM's screen name in the person's contact info in the IM box and selected AIM (do AIM accounts have extensions like email addresses? I just put the person's screen name). When I go to send a text and select the contact, only phone numbers and primary email address show up, no AIM account.

Thanks in advance.

i dont know how to do this but there is an AIM app and you can just set up an account real quick

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Now I see that the AIM screen name is under the Information section of the Contact part and not the Action section. Guess it's just for informational purposes. Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
the only apps that i know of are Meebo, ebuddy, beejiveIM or IMeasy. but again nothing that lets you use direct from SMS text