EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

MatWiz

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Stupid upgrade deleted all my Text Messages except a few from today and yesterday.

Be careful people. If you have something important there, save it first. :(

jwfmartin

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I had the swype beta already installed, and I didn't know that this update was going to give us swype. I installed the update, and I was getting a force close on swype...so I deleted the program, but now neither of the programs are on my phone. The beta one and the one I got from the update...any way to remedy this?

Same thing happened to me. I just re-applied the update using the manual method described in the root of this thread, and that solved the problem.

carvation

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
phone keeps getting an error when trying to installing the ota, rooted with unrevoked with stock rom 3.259.651, d/l 3 different times, anybody encountered this, might try to unroot , anybody else going thru this?

edit .. had to unroot and install the original rom again, all is well now

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I also gained storage space on my phone. Beta Swype takes up much more space than the one pushed out in this OTA.

Still tempted to root to delete bloatware though.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.
Get an iPhone. Problem solved.

Can't find the Scan For 4G thing anywhere which is a moot point because Detroit will likely get 4G sometime after the Lions have a .500 season.

It will be in the notification area when 4g is on, just pull down the notification area tap it and scan.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
What is the consensus on Nova after the update? I have the full version... do I install it again or will it recognize my full version on its own?

NinjaMom on Tapatalk

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
What is the consensus on Nova after the update? I have the full version... do I install it again or will it recognize my full version on its own?

NinjaMom on Tapatalk
That's what I would like to know. I have the full version and really don't want another useless icon.

crawform

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the swype beta already installed, and I didn't know that this update was going to give us swype. I installed the update, and I was getting a force close on swype...so I deleted the program, but now neither of the programs are on my phone. The beta one and the one I got from the update...any way to remedy this?

Reboot and the release version will install itself.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm getting this problem my videos are all choppy which I shot with my phone.and it was fine before but with the new update it's all laggy. Its like watching a slideshow ... Lol anybody have any ideas or any suggestions

brittonx

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Video playback is smoother than ever for me.
I do know that right after the update, the EVO is pretty slow and jerky for a few minutes.
What I do and recommend is after the update completes, I wait for about 5 minutes then I power off the EVO then power it back on. It's smooth as glass after that last reboot.

brittonx

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Another thing I have noticed is the EVO does not get as warm as it did before the update. I am hoping that the battery life will improve.