- 12-15-2010, 01:45 PM #126
- 12-15-2010, 01:49 PM #127
- 853 Posts
- Stock on most
While I understand his point, beta software has a connotation that it is in a usable and updatable form. Typically a beta release should not require an 'advanced' user unless it's in a crappy developed state. If you mark something as alpha, then yes, an advanced user should be the only one testing it out. Beta opens things up to the masses. I wonder when they get to release candidate stage if they'll claim only advanced users should test it.
I'm betting that post gets edited before too long...
- 12-15-2010, 01:51 PM #128
- 12-15-2010, 01:53 PM #129
- 12-15-2010, 01:57 PM #130
- 37 Posts
I also tried extracting the Blockbuster_htc.apk, but it wouldn't install either (just said "Application not installed"). I tried from the sdcard and from /system/app, changing permissions to match other .apks. No dice either way.
Guess I'll see if the OTA is any different once I get it.
- 12-15-2010, 01:58 PM #131
- 12-15-2010, 01:58 PM #132
- 12-15-2010, 02:01 PM #133
- 12-15-2010, 02:02 PM #134
- 9 Posts
A lot of the same questions being asked over and over again. Here's a new one. Does updating break the shoot me app. Also can the blockbuster, and nova apk be extracted and posted for download. It's the only thing I'm interested in. If I dont update is the phone going to constantly remind me to update.
- 12-15-2010, 02:04 PM #135
- 12-15-2010, 02:05 PM #136
- 12-15-2010, 02:07 PM #137
- 12-15-2010, 02:08 PM #138
- 12-15-2010, 02:10 PM #139
- 12-15-2010, 02:14 PM #140
Can someone help me to move the update file to my sd after I downloaded it go to my setting n manage application n check my ad card n there's nothing there, I also got astro manager to b able to rename the file but when I try to install it, it says the installation failed I think the problem is that is not downloading to my sd card
- 12-15-2010, 02:18 PM #141
I'm a really new user, 1 week old.
This morning, I accepted the software update, and when it rebooted, IT FROZE! at the 4G screen.
I waited 15 minutes, just in case.
The on/off switch wouldn't work.
I removed the battery.
It still tried to reboot and froze at the 4G screen
I took the battery out again.
it rebooted, and moved slowly past the 4G screen, BUT all of my icons were gone!
I waited, noticing there were still downloads happening at the top of the screen.
I was really freaking out now. I was dealing with this about 30 minutes already.
With it on, I let it sit for another 15 minutes, hoping it would download all it needed and get back on track.
When I saw the downloads had stopped, still no icons on my home page, I powered on/off AGAIN, and it, slowly it came back to life.
Is this normal for a new software update/download?
It scared me to death!!
- 12-15-2010, 02:20 PM #142
- 12-15-2010, 02:21 PM #143
- 12-15-2010, 02:29 PM #144
- 12-15-2010, 02:32 PM #145
- 12-15-2010, 02:34 PM #146
- 12-15-2010, 02:35 PM #147
- 12-15-2010, 02:41 PM #148
- 12-15-2010, 02:43 PM #149
- 853 Posts
- Stock on most
- 12-15-2010, 02:44 PM #150