Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Maybe it was a ****** response, but it was specifically stated when you signed up for the beta that if your phone had Swype preinstalled you would not be able to use the Beta. Just saying.

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by 81 View Post
    this was a pretty ****** answer on the swype board.
    Um yeah... "To put it bluntly, if you're using a beta you should really be an advanced user and be able to figure this kind of thing out anyway. If you're using software labeled as "beta" and don't know what you're doing, I don't have much sympathy"

While I understand his point, beta software has a connotation that it is in a usable and updatable form. Typically a beta release should not require an 'advanced' user unless it's in a crappy developed state. If you mark something as alpha, then yes, an advanced user should be the only one testing it out. Beta opens things up to the masses. I wonder when they get to release candidate stage if they'll claim only advanced users should test it.
    I'm betting that post gets edited before too long...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy RC1

I know that this update breaks root, but does anyone know if unrEVOked will restore root privileges? I like to have the latest updates but I don't want to lose root.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smallpsych View Post
    I know that this update breaks root, but does anyone know if unrEVOked will restore root privileges? I like to have the latest updates but I don't want to lose root.
    Trying to confirm this. I have 0004 so I haven't been able to try but still looking for answers for you guys

Quote Originally Posted by sanzen71 View Post
    According to what ive been told, as long as youve run unrEVOked forever you shouldn't lose s-off and thus allowing you to flash custom recovery. Im trying to find more info now.
    I posted earlier that I was trying this, but apparently my stock recovery PC36IMG.zip was bad or something because I couldn't get into recovery after flashing it. I went back to ClockworkMod recovery and tried flashing the update anyway, but it failed immediately due to the release keys error others have mentioned (I'm on 252548). Maybe one of you will have better luck.

I also tried extracting the Blockbuster_htc.apk, but it wouldn't install either (just said "Application not installed"). I tried from the sdcard and from /system/app, changing permissions to match other .apks. No dice either way.

Guess I'll see if the OTA is any different once I get it.

Has anyone who isn't on 0004 gotten the ota?

Quote Originally Posted by rizorith View Post
    Did this fix the 4G lag? That has got to be the single biggest problem this phone has right now.
    Now there is a 4g icon on your upper left hand side of your screen - showing u now that your 4g is on. (It only appear when pi your network connection is showing 3g).

Ps. I've never notice any lag in my 4g connection.

so what if you already have the paid Nova game, is this just going to add another pointless icon?

A lot of the same questions being asked over and over again. Here's a new one. Does updating break the shoot me app. Also can the blockbuster, and nova apk be extracted and posted for download. It's the only thing I'm interested in. If I dont update is the phone going to constantly remind me to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebergslim3000 View Post
    A lot of the same questions being asked over and over again. Here's a new one. Does updating break the shoot me app. Also can the blockbuster, and nova apk be extracted and posted for download. It's the only thing I'm interested in. If I dont update is the phone going to constantly remind me to update.
    funny, because you asked the same question as many others but in a slightly different way. Shoot me depends on root and this update breaks root so yeah no shoot me after update.

Quote Originally Posted by yibrushn View Post
    funny, because you asked the same question as many others but in a slightly different way. Shoot me depends on root and this update breaks root so yeah no shoot me after update.
    ShootMe works without root , i've been using it for months and i'm not rooted
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by sanzen71 View Post
    According to what ive been told, as long as youve run unrEVOked forever you shouldn't lose s-off and thus allowing you to flash custom recovery. Im trying to find more info now.
    Thanks for checking into it. I am tempted to try it but don't have time to fix it if something doesn't go as expected. My method would be to install the ota update (ensuring you have s-off), install clockwork recovery, and install the superuser app. That was all I was going to try.

I am un-rooted and Shoot Me works just fine without root.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Klubhead View Post
    I think the best answers might be from someone who actually has the update installed. I remember one update shootme no longer worked without root and then the next update shootme worked without root. I think an answer from someone with it installed would be best.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Can someone help me to move the update file to my sd after I downloaded it go to my setting n manage application n check my ad card n there's nothing there, I also got astro manager to b able to rename the file but when I try to install it, it says the installation failed I think the problem is that is not downloading to my sd card

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by cgiaimo View Post
    Just an update-installed the OTA. Phone powered down then went to the black update screen, then when it finished after about 7 minutes, it powered off, then started back up with a green circle and an arrow. After about 5 minutes, it powers off again, then reboots, shows and update screen again, then powers off one last time, hangs for a while at the 4G screen, then finally reboots to the Sense screen. It looks like if you have the Swype Beta installed it will give you a FC upon re-boot a couple of times. It hen counts up to 100% and you're good to go.
    Thank you so much for posting your comment. I also posted this:
    I'm a really new user, 1 week old.
    This morning, I accepted the software update, and when it rebooted, IT FROZE! at the 4G screen.

I waited 15 minutes, just in case.
    The on/off switch wouldn't work.
    I removed the battery.
    It still tried to reboot and froze at the 4G screen
    I took the battery out again.
    it rebooted, and moved slowly past the 4G screen, BUT all of my icons were gone!
    I waited, noticing there were still downloads happening at the top of the screen.
    I was really freaking out now. I was dealing with this about 30 minutes already.
    With it on, I let it sit for another 15 minutes, hoping it would download all it needed and get back on track.
    When I saw the downloads had stopped, still no icons on my home page, I powered on/off AGAIN, and it, slowly it came back to life.

Is this normal for a new software update/download?
    It scared me to death!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slow_S10 View Post
    The install went through as smooth as it could possibly go for me (hardware 0003). For all the people complaining about the inclusion of Swype you can still use the stock or any other downloaded keyboard and for the folks that had the Beta version already and are complaining about downgrading to this older version... You are the exception. Besides you can probably just uninstall the beta version, install this system update and then reinstall the beta.

I didn't have any version of Swype installed and I had no intention on downloading a pirated version to get it either so for me this is a God send. Before this I had to settle for the Slideit Keyboard which was not terrible but Swype is much much better. I don't really care about anything else in the update so far.

Oh and I didn't see any new 4G widgets either.
    I have the swype beta and I actually find that shapewriter works better than swype. Shapewriter felt like it was reading my mind while I was "typing", swype is cumbersome in comparison.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckl View Post
    I removed my legit Swype beta before the patch. Swype is now installed, but I cannot select it as my text input? Oh Goodie...
    Did you got to settings, keyboards and enable swype?
    Thanked by:
    Chuckl 

Been looking for 3 to 4 hours now. still no update :-(

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
    I have the swype beta and I actually find that shapewriter works better than swype. Shapewriter felt like it was reading my mind while I was "typing", swype is cumbersome in comparison.
    Maybe I was not clear, but although I am sure the beta version is much better than this one, and I'll admit that I have not gotten the chance to try the beta myself. For the masses though, people like me who did not get the beta version of Swype (not to mention people who had no idea how to) and who have no intention of rooting the phone. This is great. I'm sure on this forum there are disproportinately higher than average numbers of Evo users that had the Beta version installed and it sucks that you will not be able to keep it, But for that average user which in reality makes up the vast majority of Evo owners this is just going to be a really nice (free) upgrade from the stock keyboard.
    ... but I still miss WebOS
    Banned

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

i also have version 4 of the hardware with the software at 3.29.651.5
    my build number is 3.29.651.5 cl252548 release-keys

still no update is available.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I think the best answers might be from someone who actually has the update installed. I remember one update shootme no longer worked without root and then the next update shootme worked without root. I think an answer from someone with it installed would be best.
    Yea that was the whole point of asking the question. The last update made shoot me work, so now i'd like to know if it doesn't work after the update. Also an answer to my other questions would be helpfull.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Klubhead View Post
    Sorry guys you are all correct! In the description it says root required so I never bothered to try it. My bad and my apologies!!

ROM
    Stock on most

Sorry guys you are all correct! In the description it says root required so I never bothered to try it. My bad and my apologies!!
    We forgive you. Actually, it has always said that it requires root. It used to work on the 2.1 version of the EVO. Then it died when it went to 2.2. It started working again with the last OTA. So, no guarantees after this new OTA until we get to test it.
    Thanked by:

:rofl: my wife just said, i will do mine, if it will NOT mess with my Angry Birds progress. (This phone is way too much phone for her)
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast