EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!
06-10-2011 11:54 AM
While I understand his point, beta software has a connotation that it is in a usable and updatable form. Typically a beta release should not require an 'advanced' user unless it's in a crappy developed state. If you mark something as alpha, then yes, an advanced user should be the only one testing it out. Beta opens things up to the masses. I wonder when they get to release candidate stage if they'll claim only advanced users should test it.
I'm betting that post gets edited before too long...12-15-2010 01:49 PM
- 12-15-2010 01:53 PM
I also tried extracting the Blockbuster_htc.apk, but it wouldn't install either (just said "Application not installed"). I tried from the sdcard and from /system/app, changing permissions to match other .apks. No dice either way.
Guess I'll see if the OTA is any different once I get it.12-15-2010 01:57 PM
Ps. I've never notice any lag in my 4g connection.12-15-2010 01:58 PM
- A lot of the same questions being asked over and over again. Here's a new one. Does updating break the shoot me app. Also can the blockbuster, and nova apk be extracted and posted for download. It's the only thing I'm interested in. If I dont update is the phone going to constantly remind me to update.12-15-2010 02:02 PM
- A lot of the same questions being asked over and over again. Here's a new one. Does updating break the shoot me app. Also can the blockbuster, and nova apk be extracted and posted for download. It's the only thing I'm interested in. If I dont update is the phone going to constantly remind me to update.12-15-2010 02:04 PM
- 12-15-2010 02:05 PMLike 2
- 12-15-2010 02:07 PM
- 12-15-2010 02:08 PM
- 12-15-2010 02:10 PM
- Can someone help me to move the update file to my sd after I downloaded it go to my setting n manage application n check my ad card n there's nothing there, I also got astro manager to b able to rename the file but when I try to install it, it says the installation failed I think the problem is that is not downloading to my sd card12-15-2010 02:14 PM
- Just an update-installed the OTA. Phone powered down then went to the black update screen, then when it finished after about 7 minutes, it powered off, then started back up with a green circle and an arrow. After about 5 minutes, it powers off again, then reboots, shows and update screen again, then powers off one last time, hangs for a while at the 4G screen, then finally reboots to the Sense screen. It looks like if you have the Swype Beta installed it will give you a FC upon re-boot a couple of times. It hen counts up to 100% and you're good to go.
I'm a really new user, 1 week old.
This morning, I accepted the software update, and when it rebooted, IT FROZE! at the 4G screen.
I waited 15 minutes, just in case.
The on/off switch wouldn't work.
I removed the battery.
It still tried to reboot and froze at the 4G screen
I took the battery out again.
it rebooted, and moved slowly past the 4G screen, BUT all of my icons were gone!
I waited, noticing there were still downloads happening at the top of the screen.
I was really freaking out now. I was dealing with this about 30 minutes already.
With it on, I let it sit for another 15 minutes, hoping it would download all it needed and get back on track.
When I saw the downloads had stopped, still no icons on my home page, I powered on/off AGAIN, and it, slowly it came back to life.
Is this normal for a new software update/download?
It scared me to death!!12-15-2010 02:18 PM
- The install went through as smooth as it could possibly go for me (hardware 0003). For all the people complaining about the inclusion of Swype you can still use the stock or any other downloaded keyboard and for the folks that had the Beta version already and are complaining about downgrading to this older version... You are the exception. Besides you can probably just uninstall the beta version, install this system update and then reinstall the beta.
I didn't have any version of Swype installed and I had no intention on downloading a pirated version to get it either so for me this is a God send. Before this I had to settle for the Slideit Keyboard which was not terrible but Swype is much much better. I don't really care about anything else in the update so far.
Oh and I didn't see any new 4G widgets either.12-15-2010 02:20 PM
- 12-15-2010 02:32 PM
- 12-15-2010 02:35 PM
- 12-15-2010 02:43 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 4G
EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD