> The Official HTC EVO Complaint Thread < {Post them here}

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I've notice that there is no visual notification when the phone is charging and the screen is off. If you receive a phone call, voicemail, or messags..etc, and the screen goes off before you notice it - then you'll never know that someone actually call or leave a voicemail..etc . Have anyone else ever notice this as well?

I spoke to a HTC representative a few minutes ago... and informed him about this issue - he reported the matter to the proper department, and assure me that this is really an important feature the phone is missing, and hope this will be in the next update..

He said he wonder why more people haven't reported this matter before. The more complaints get quicker response. Who knows... we might see it in the gingerbread update.

Please do your part and make your voice be heard. ;)

To be honest, I haven't been able to quite put my finger on it... Mine *does* get the notification (I think... most of the time), but sometimes it doesn't... it's like it is intermittent or something.

For example, I can hear my phone vibrate sitting on a table. I go over to it and the screen is off - I stare right at the LED for 30 seconds and I see nothing. I hit the power button and - oila - I have missed stuff.

Anybody shed any light on this at all?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@ etnpnys, Thats what I'm talking about. There are no visual notification if the screen is off while the phone is charging or not.

If you have notification turn ON... the phone will alert you of missed calls, emails, and such, but if your charging the phone and the screen goes blank, and u didn't hear or see the notification at that time... there won't be any visual flashing notification or anything letting u know that you have a message waiting. The Evo need a flashing notification for missed calls, voicemails, messages, etc.

This really sucks, and we should inform HTC about this unacceptable issue. :(

Last edited:

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I haven't been able to quite put my finger on it... Mine *does* get the notification (I think... most of the time), but sometimes it doesn't... it's like it is intermittent or something.

For example, I can hear my phone vibrate sitting on a table. I go over to it and the screen is off - I stare right at the LED for 30 seconds and I see nothing. I hit the power button and - oila - I have missed stuff.

Anybody shed any light on this at all?

I think he just meant not getting the led blink part of the notification. I'm not a fan of this either. It doesn't seem like it would be too tough too make it blink while charging the same as it does while unplugged. Even keep it as being amber, instead of green. Just make it blink.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
@ etnpnys, Thats what I'm talking about. There are no visual notification if the screen is off while the phone is charging.

If you have notification turn ON... the phone will alert you of missed calls, emails, and such, but if your charging the phone and the screen goes blank, and u didn't hear or see the notification at that time... there won't be any visual flashing notification or anything letting u know that you have a message waiting.

This really sucks, and we should inform HTC about this unacceptable issue. :(

Oh, do you mean like how with the pre we could have it set to flash the notification right after we missed something? That was great! I really really miss being able to set things so that I could see notifications from the lock screen. And that the notification showed more about what was missed than they do in android. And being able to delete messages from the notification, and, and... I really miss webOS notifications. Like, a lot.

That said, I don't miss the webOS hardware. :)

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh, do you mean like how with the pre we could have it set to flash the notification right after we missed something? That was great! I really really miss being able to set things so that I could see notifications from the lock screen. And that the notification showed more about what was missed than they do in android. And being able to delete messages from the notification, and, and... I really miss webOS notifications. Like, a lot.

That said, I don't miss the webOS hardware. :)

Exactly, I would have to give webs notification a big ten. Until android give us some blinking notification when the screen is off ) they remain with a two minus.

still prefer android though. :)

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
As this is titled complaint, I will keep it to those instead of a wish list:

1. the lack of a dedicated physical ringer switch. So many others have this. In the business environment, this is not a wish, but a fault.

2. the incredible lag that builds in 4g. Again, this is a fault. The fact that free Android phones from Sprint with inferior specs are faster in the hand is embarrassing.

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
2. the incredible lag that builds in 4g. Again, this is a fault. The fact that free Android phones from Sprint with inferior specs are faster in the hand is embarrassing.

This right here. My son has a Kajeet phone that ALWAYS works. Cheap phone that always works. I can't get a sig at my house without the use of an Airave, my net hasn't worked on my phone since I got home and I get and receive texts hours late.

So. Sick. Of. It.

It's going to the Sprint store next week.

prdstm0nke

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
This right here. My son has a Kajeet phone that ALWAYS works. Cheap phone that always works. I can't get a sig at my house without the use of an Airave, my net hasn't worked on my phone since I got home and I get and receive texts hours late.

So. Sick. Of. It.

It's going to the Sprint store next week.

i have no idea what network Kajeet runs on, but your issues sound like they are purely network related. if you need an Airrave to get voice signal, then I wouldn't expect data to work very well either (Airrave doesn't support data, yet, that i know of). Same for your text message issue - if you're getting bad reception, your SMS and even VM might sometimes be delayed.

you can take it to a Sprint store and have them test the phone, but if it passes, you'll pretty much know its a network issue at your house.

jwallace28

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Awesome phone (duh), 4G blows. I live in Portland, OR and commute to Seattle, WA 3 nights a week. 2 supposed hotbeds of 4G goodness. The speed is rarely (80 kb right now with 2 bars) what it's cracked up to be. And the signal drops off/out a lot.

The speed issue obviously depends upon location (I have gotten 5-6 mb in downtown Seattle), but the unsteady connection is something else entirely.

And that's my only complaint. But it's a big one.

well you have Sprint...so thats par for the course. :p We Sprinters take the GOOD (the better phone selection and price of plans) with the BAD (poor service and reception) haha

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The fact that we only can have four web pages open. Multitasking is limited to six applications. I might have noted these already somewhere, but this is where all the Evo complaints should be.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
The fact that we only can have four web pages open. Multitasking is limited to six applications. I might have noted these already somewhere, but this is where all the Evo complaints should be.

Now I could be wrong but wouldn't these issues be considered issues with Sense or HTC. Plus the 6 application multitasking is set up the way Android was designed so that would be a Android issue.

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there an android complaint thread anywhere, cause I just discovered that I cannot copy text from messages in gtalk. I'd even be happy to just have to copy a whole message to the clipboard instead of selecting exactly what text I want.

I'm amazed that's not an option. Anyone know offhand of an app that does gtalk that I can copy sent messages to paste into an email or whatever to someone else?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Now I could be wrong but wouldn't these issues be considered issues with Sense or HTC. Plus the 6 application multitasking is set up the way Android was designed so that would be a Android issue.
You might be right about that.. however, I find these problems using my Evo. Lol.

Ps. I'll be making a complaint thread for the Android OS.

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You might be right about that.. however, I find these problems using my Evo. Lol.

Ps. I'll be making a complaint thread for the Android OS.

Perhaps instead of a new thread, this one could have the title changed to "complaints about android OS, Apps, and hardware, as experienced on the EVO 4G" or something along those lines. That should do well to help avoid the posts about semantics on here.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The number of open apps is limited by the amount of RAM available on the phone. I can have a TON of apps open on my myTouch 4G because it has 768mb of RAM. I use an alternate browser (not the stock browser) and I can have as many tabs open as I want.

There are already numerous complaint threads around here and we don't need another one. I'm ok with an old being resurrected for the newer android user, but please read through them before you post. Some of the complaints about Android are old and already known.

How do I know complaint threads exist? Because one is created pretty much everytime there's an update of some kind, and usually are device specific.

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The number of open apps is limited by the amount of RAM available on the phone. I can have a TON of apps open on my myTouch 4G because it has 768mb of RAM. I use an alternate browser (not the stock browser) and I can have as many tabs open as I want.

There are already numerous complaint threads around here and we don't need another one. I'm ok with an old being resurrected for the newer android user, but please read through them before you post. Some of the complaints about Android are old and already known.

How do I know complaint threads exist? Because one is created pretty much everytime there's an update of some kind, and usually are device specific.

i think by number of open apps he meant the number that can be easily called up with the long press home.

i'm sure there are plenty of complaint threads. and i'm in agreement that we don't need another. i've just been posting in this one since it was the first one i saw since i got the phone, and is usually near the top. maybe a sticky or something for complaints based on hardware, apps, and OS would help to cut down on new threads? and make it easier for new people to find solutions to issues they may have? maybe older threads that are resurrected could be put into one of the sticky categories? though that would make it tough to find talk on any one specific issue...

there is no substitute for the search function, really. just some thoughts.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
i think by number of open apps he meant the number that can be easily called up with the long press home.

i'm sure there are plenty of complaint threads. and i'm in agreement that we don't need another. i've just been posting in this one since it was the first one i saw since i got the phone, and is usually near the top. maybe a sticky or something for complaints based on hardware, apps, and OS would help to cut down on new threads? and make it easier for new people to find solutions to issues they may have? maybe older threads that are resurrected could be put into one of the sticky categories? though that would make it tough to find talk on any one specific issue...

there is no substitute for the search function, really. just some thoughts.

I have metro sense on the myTouch and when I long press the home button I have 8 apps. If an app gets that far down on the list IMO you haven't used it in a while.

But like I've said...some of these complaints have been solved already. To expect any os to do everything you want the way you want it to is unrealistic at best.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar