What's the best way to prepare for my EVO exchange?

Upright

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a new EVO coming soon direct from Sprint because of a blown speaker in my current EVO. I would like to make sure that all the apps I have get transfered over to my new phone.....What would be the best way to do this? I have apps that I will need to get the .apk from my current EVO over to my new EVO that I cannot download from the market place- as an example the app by Game Loft Dungeon Hunter....Game Loft gave this game away free a few weeks ago so I don't want to have to purchase this app from the Game Loft site I'd rather just transfer the .apk if possible. I'd like to make this switch as smooth and painless as possible. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I believe there is an application that could save your app and stuff. >> ASTRO. Otherwise you'd have to manual download/install them back.

gearjunkeez

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Backup

Get Titanium backup if you are rooted. It stores all of your apps and system data and puts them into a convenient .ZIP file to flash from bootloader. Also. MiQ in the market is great for backing up and restoring textx, call logs, and media. As for Dungeon Hunter - if you are not rooted you can use a file explorer as mentioned above and go to a folder called "Downloads". All apks that weren't from the market are there and should be on your sd card. Then you can just click to install on your new phone.

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a new EVO coming soon direct from Sprint because of a blown speaker in my current EVO. I would like to make sure that all the apps I have get transfered over to my new phone.....What would be the best way to do this? I have apps that I will need to get the .apk from my current EVO over to my new EVO that I cannot download from the market place- as an example the app by Game Loft Dungeon Hunter....Game Loft gave this game away free a few weeks ago so I don't want to have to purchase this app from the Game Loft site I'd rather just transfer the .apk if possible. I'd like to make this switch as smooth and painless as possible. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AppBrain is a great app and will sync your apps to an online account that you set up with your Gmail account, then once you have the new phone, log back in to AppBrain and then reinstall the apps. This worked well for me when I had to get a new EVO. It does not require root.

Also, make sure you back up pictures, music, media, etc., to your computer just in case. I ended up getting a new SD card but you might be able to keep the current one. I assume the Dungeon Hunter apk download will be on the SD card, in which case you can keep that card or have Sprint move your stuff to a new SD. Good luck.