Streaming Audio not Working Properly after Update 3.70.651.1

mikevillain

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the OTA update earlier today. Was running streaming audio perfectly fine via shoutcast prior to update. Went back to streaming immediately after update and it is majorly screwed up. Pops and blips and scratches and all kinds of audio mess. Has anyone else that has applied the update tried streaming audio? If so, does it still work fine, or are you also having problems? Thanks for any help.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No problems here.... mine works fine. Try restarting the device >> just as truslide suggested.
Ps. Maybe turning off the device completely, remove and reinsert the battery might fix the issue.
Good luck.

mikevillain

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Just realized I hadn't tried battery pull yet. Went ahead and did that, no help though. Still having major problems. I guess if nobody else is having the problem, I'm still well within my 30 days, so I could always go exchange for a new one.

mikevillain

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, i guess i'll make my way into a Sprint store to have it checked out. Really sucks, considering this damn thing is only 3 days old. Tried all the update profile, prl, restarts, battery pulls... to no avail. Thanks for the help, though.

mikevillain

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Bump. Anybody else having this problem? Noticing other problems popping up today, like the weather problem. I've done a factory reset and everything... nothing fixes the audio problem.

mikevillain

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Actually. I think I figured it out. After all the resetting, battery pulling and whatnot, it seems that both streaming apps I was using got screwed up by the update. I was using Winamp and WEEI Live. I downloaded Tune In and AntPlayer and those seem to be working fine. Not a total loss, though. Gave me the opportunity to discover some new apps and rework my homescreens to something I like better. Thanks everyone for your help!

Reactions: smileshappy

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using XiiaLive with no luck. It keeps saying, connecting, buffering, connection dropped. WiFi works, but not on Sprint.

oversight

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Running into the same issue. Using Winamp and Xiia. Hissing and pops all over the place when listening to live radio. Worked fine before the update.

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using XiiaLive with no luck. It keeps saying, connecting, buffering, connection dropped. WiFi works, but not on Sprint.

+1 Exact same behavior. WiFi yes, Sprint no. Now, is this an app issue (developer), OS issue (Google) or network issue (Sprint)?

TrogdorsArm

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Same fail problem here. Thanks Sprint/HTC for screwing my "working" device up. This same streaming problem happened on the Evo update when StageFright was introduced. God I hate to see how F'd up my Evo will be when Gingerbread gets pushed out.

WiFi - working
Sprint - no workie

Apps tried:
WinAmp - fail
XiiaLive - fail
Cherry rPlayer - fail

fail = no connect, or connect with someone scratching on the turntable (awiki wiki wiki two turntables and a micaphone).

Pandora works just fine.

FYI - I did stream a hissing popping 32k stream of the Alex Jones show on XiiaLive and it remained connected but was painful to listen to.

hope this information helps.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had some streaming and general 3g problems today, no update tho as I am rooted. Was streaming (or trying to) last.fm sprint might be having network issues

Sent using Tapatalk Pro on my Evo

Tedium

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI, I took the phone to a corporate store and talked to a tech I know personally and he says no streaming on mobile is intentional; they don't want non-sanctioned apps to stream over the mobile network. This is why certain apps (Pandora) work, while others (Shoutcast streamers) don't.

If he isn't just jerking my chain I'm going to be really upset about this, I get through my day at work with Shoutcast.

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I posted back on the 1st page that Sirius was working for me, but I hadn't realized that my phone wasn't disconnected from my wifi. Anyhow, like most of you, mine wasn't working either on 3G or 4G.

There is a post from today that solved my issue and now all the apps are working fine again after changing 2 settings.

Take a look here

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/50797-reason-fix-some-streaming-services-failing-over-3g-after-ota.html

Again, after applying the settings, everything is working great again on both 3G and 4G!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress