Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS5

Default Streaming Audio not Working Properly after Update 3.70.651.1

I just installed the OTA update earlier today. Was running streaming audio perfectly fine via shoutcast prior to update. Went back to streaming immediately after update and it is majorly screwed up. Pops and blips and scratches and all kinds of audio mess. Has anyone else that has applied the update tried streaming audio? If so, does it still work fine, or are you also having problems? Thanks for any help.

ROM
    Stock

Silly question but... did you reboot after the install?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS5

Yeah, i rebooted quite a few times actually.

No problems here.... mine works fine. Try restarting the device >> just as truslide suggested.
    Ps. Maybe turning off the device completely, remove and reinsert the battery might fix the issue.
    Good luck.

ROM
    Stock

Hmm... could just be buggy, I mean, they did JUST release it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS5

Just realized I hadn't tried battery pull yet. Went ahead and did that, no help though. Still having major problems. I guess if nobody else is having the problem, I'm still well within my 30 days, so I could always go exchange for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by mikevillain View Post
    Yeah, i rebooted quite a few times actually.
    Also... you could go to settings > systems update > updAte profile and firmware. Give that a try, and see how that favors for you.

That is an odd problem... you should get s technician to check it out for you.

Best of luck.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS5

Yeah, i guess i'll make my way into a Sprint store to have it checked out. Really sucks, considering this damn thing is only 3 days old. Tried all the update profile, prl, restarts, battery pulls... to no avail. Thanks for the help, though.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS5

Bump. Anybody else having this problem? Noticing other problems popping up today, like the weather problem. I've done a factory reset and everything... nothing fixes the audio problem.

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

What are trying to stream what suite. So we can test on a few other devices.

Dave
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS5

Actually. I think I figured it out. After all the resetting, battery pulling and whatnot, it seems that both streaming apps I was using got screwed up by the update. I was using Winamp and WEEI Live. I downloaded Tune In and AntPlayer and those seem to be working fine. Not a total loss, though. Gave me the opportunity to discover some new apps and rework my homescreens to something I like better. Thanks everyone for your help!
    Thanked by:

I'm using XiiaLive with no luck. It keeps saying, connecting, buffering, connection dropped. WiFi works, but not on Sprint.
    Nexus 6, 64gb
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
    Chromecast
    Vizio Co-Star

Running into the same issue. Using Winamp and Xiia. Hissing and pops all over the place when listening to live radio. Worked fine before the update.

Quote Originally Posted by wekebu View Post
    I'm using XiiaLive with no luck. It keeps saying, connecting, buffering, connection dropped. WiFi works, but not on Sprint.
    +1 Exact same behavior. WiFi yes, Sprint no. Now, is this an app issue (developer), OS issue (Google) or network issue (Sprint)?

Same issue on Sirius XM and StreamFurious.

Same fail problem here. Thanks Sprint/HTC for screwing my "working" device up. This same streaming problem happened on the Evo update when StageFright was introduced. God I hate to see how F'd up my Evo will be when Gingerbread gets pushed out.

WiFi - working
    Sprint - no workie

Apps tried:
    WinAmp - fail
    XiiaLive - fail
    Cherry rPlayer - fail

fail = no connect, or connect with someone scratching on the turntable (awiki wiki wiki two turntables and a micaphone).

Pandora works just fine.

FYI - I did stream a hissing popping 32k stream of the Alex Jones show on XiiaLive and it remained connected but was painful to listen to.

hope this information helps.

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy 4.2

I've had some streaming and general 3g problems today, no update tho as I am rooted. Was streaming (or trying to) last.fm sprint might be having network issues

Sent using Tapatalk Pro on my Evo

Just an FYI, I took the phone to a corporate store and talked to a tech I know personally and he says no streaming on mobile is intentional; they don't want non-sanctioned apps to stream over the mobile network. This is why certain apps (Pandora) work, while others (Shoutcast streamers) don't.

If he isn't just jerking my chain I'm going to be really upset about this, I get through my day at work with Shoutcast.

ROM
    Blazer Rom 1.3

I posted back on the 1st page that Sirius was working for me, but I hadn't realized that my phone wasn't disconnected from my wifi. Anyhow, like most of you, mine wasn't working either on 3G or 4G.

There is a post from today that solved my issue and now all the apps are working fine again after changing 2 settings.

Take a look here

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...after-ota.html

Again, after applying the settings, everything is working great again on both 3G and 4G!

Issue with XM app is resolved, along with the other issues, you need to get your MSL from a Sprint tech, go into your EPST (##3282#), go into EDIT mode, enter your MSL, then go to ADVANCED, scroll all the way down to " HTTP PD Proxy Address", change the setting to 0.0.0.0, change the " HTTP PD Proxy Port" to 0, then exit. For some reason the update changes those settings to pd.vog....sprint something, and messes up any app that uses streaming data, I found this fix on the App Market, in the reviews of the XM app....notified my local sprint store of the problem, and the girl looked at me like I was crazy, she said she updated her phone, and had no issues, I told her to look here, and on other forums to see all the complaints about the latest update. Hope this helps others who are having the same issue.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterman2000 View Post
    Issue with XM app is resolved, along with the other issues, you need to get your MSL from a Sprint tech, go into your EPST (##3282#), go into EDIT mode, enter your MSL, then go to ADVANCED, scroll all the way down to " HTTP PD Proxy Address", change the setting to 0.0.0.0, change the " HTTP PD Proxy Port" to 0, then exit. For some reason the update changes those settings to pd.vog....sprint something, and messes up any app that uses streaming data, I found this fix on the App Market, in the reviews of the XM app....notified my local sprint store of the problem, and the girl looked at me like I was crazy, she said she updated her phone, and had no issues, I told her to look here, and on other forums to see all the complaints about the latest update. Hope this helps others who are having the same issue.
    I did the same thing but the Sirius never worked for more then a minute or two. I have a new phone without the update and it streams over 3g without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by buggyman View Post
    I did the same thing but the Sirius never worked for more then a minute or two. I have a new phone without the update and it streams over 3g without problems.
    This update with the proxy worked for me, I have Sirius back....finally.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS5

Let me tell you... this fix works wonders. I did it today and I am amazed that all my streaming apps are back and in perfect working order. I love this place!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast