1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Market updates taking FOREVER...

Anyone else seeing this?

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by callderek View Post
    Anyone else seeing this?
    Well it could be a number of things.. Your 3G coverage in whatever area you may be in could be slow, or overloaded with other customers. The Android Market is probably also seeing an overload with the new update to the Market. Most likely, i'm going to point the finger at the 3G connection.

if you have Market problems try -

1. clear Market App data cache.
    and/or
    2. switch to WIFI for downloads.

good luck.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I just got the Market pushed from Google on my EVO. Very cool. I didn't think I was going to get it since I have a rooted device. Nice surprise

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Never had a problem before, 3g is rocking. Probably the market getting hit today, lots going on...

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was kinda thinking the same thing... Do you know what version you got? I've heard that Evo's are getting updated to 2.2.7
    Just a tweeting away... or doing art. Also, using my Dropbox to add files to my HTC Evo and Motorola Xoom!
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Its being pushed out very sloooooowly. Seems to be going by carriers. From what I've seen most Sprint owners are receiving the update first. You could always manually install it if you don't want to wait...shouldn't be too much longer though. As stated above..clear the data and cache and restart the market and see what happens.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always Flashing Who Knows

How would I go about manual downloading the market and Im not sure how to clear my cache with a non rooted evo for the moment lol if any of this is possible with non root that would be some great info if not I just root tomorrow and do it the rooted way thanks for any info

Sent By Using White EVO 4G PrittyBoy203