Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default HTC Loggers??

I notice on the new update, a new service is running called "HTC Loggers." What the hell is it?

Loggers? Where have you seen that?
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

I saw that today too. Have no idea what it is.

NinjaMom on Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    Loggers? Where have you seen that?
    Use any task manager or check for running services in settings and it will be there. It was never there before.... Wonder what it does... And you can't force close it either....

Please someone correct me if i am wrong with this assumption.

But frkm poking aroind on the internet a bit, no one can tell. My idea is it has something to do with data logging from the phone. If you look at the htc loggers permisions section, it requires access to the internet your sd card and a few others. Is this some possible " big brother " thing going on here?

From my Captivate :-)
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Exclamation such assholes

you know, I like HTC but this is bull****... I just froze the app in Titanium (yes rooted) and it STILL was running, so I chuck norris'd it's ***

DON"T DO THAT

it freaks out and tries like twice per second to load the loggers app. f*k.

so apparently there's some other process that's constantly trying to load/communicate with it.

and yes, it is logging - my gps icon keeps popping up every few seconds, wasting my f*king battery

SERIOUSLY WTF

Ok, just got off the phone with HTC. The rep told me that its imbedded in the OS and what it does is creates an error/force close log to be used by techs at report centers, it may access how to log location and proximity to towers when an error occurred.

good to know

Default Re: HTC Loggers??

Poweful little tool this htc logger, yes it has permission to do it all, no like...