Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Update broke my NOVA

Well, the new update broke my working copy of NOVA. Any ideas?

What about the demo copy? Does the link make you pay for it again?

Global Posts
    4,624 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

rem,

It just closes...goes right back to the phone. I wrote my experience in the other post.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    What about the demo copy? Does the link make you pay for it again?
    You can either repay... Or when you install it over the trial it just goes back to the home screen.

So should I just wait then?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

So should I just wait then?
    If NOVA is important to you... I would til we can see if we can get this fixed.

I see no performance gains to this update, I haven't played Nova for so time but I like the option being I payed for the game.

Global Posts
    4,624 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I got Nova for free because I paid for hawx and it runs like crap on the evo, so they let me pick another game. I don't like it, so, in a way, it doesn't matter much to me.

so I should probably just update and worry about it later, the makers of Nova should make it right you would think?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

so I should probably just update and worry about it later, the makers of Nova should make it right you would think?
    I would think that they would. I plan on getting them to.

Ok when my battery is charged I'll give it a go, just as long as my angry birds is safe.

Any resolution to this issue yet?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Actually yes. After an email to Gameloft they sent me a text to download the game again.

Global Posts
    4,624 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
    Actually yes. After an email to Gameloft they sent me a text to download the game again.
    They did the same for me, I re-downloaded it, and after I installed it, it initially did the same thing as before, black screen with NOVA in the title bar followed by a return to the home screen. I don't know what I did after that, but I believe I just clicked on my Nova icon again, and it started downloading the game content all over again, the game then actually started, but, I was just playing the demo. I installed the game again from the newly downloaded file with the same result as before, black screen with Nova in title bar, then back to the homescreen.

And this is where I stand now. :-(

Good thing I still have my other games to hold me over, the 99 cent sale from EA was a god sent, and so was the free Hero of Sparta!

Same for me Manny.

Global Posts
    4,624 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Who programs this crap? Jeez...! I find it funny how Gameloft is shooting itself in the foot with a huge shotgun, here they are trying to promote a game by getting together with Sprint and including the demo into an update....big mistake if you ask me since no one likes uninstallable bloatware.... they also manage to ruin the game for people that spend the money on buying it. Really? Didn't anyone test this first? Did they think that no one actually bought their game? Seriously....

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Who programs this crap? Jeez...! I find it funny how Gameloft is shooting itself in the foot with a huge shotgun, here they are trying to promote a game by getting together with Sprint and including the demo into an update....big mistake if you ask me since no one likes uninstallable bloatware.... they also manage to ruin the game for people that spend the money on buying it. Really? Didn't anyone test this first? Did they think that no one actually bought their game? Seriously....
    You took the words right out of my mouth. One thing I've learned from this fiasco: never pay for anything outside of the Android Marketplace again. Gameloft's market obviously isn't cut out for problems like these.
    Banned

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

i get get the same issue with the nova not running and title bar showing and all.

I installed the game originally and it worked. I then bought a new 32gb transflash and copied the older transflash to my pc desktop and copied from their to the new transflash, which then the new transflash died as it was a knock off from ebay for $34. So i reformatted the original transflash and copied from the pc desktop to the previous (16gb) transflash. went to install my other game Gangstar and it starts and then says not an orginal copy....

Angry

Great i got the update with Nova crap and Blockbuster app which I cant uninstall and it sucks!