4G working but 3G isnt...

ferriskeanu#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I may be coincidental however it seemed to happen after the Sprint "bloatware" update. My 4G is working however 3G is not turning on when 4G is turned off. I turned on 4G to begin with because the 3G wasn't working. I have tried turning phone on and off as well as pulling the battery. Even tried updating profile etc which just continues to try updating without finishing...I did call the local Sprint store and they said signal was weak but that they had signal. They also mentioned that maintenance was going on for the 4G. And its not just a data issue. If I was to turn off 4G right now and turn it back on I would have no bars to make calls or text. However if I turn phone completely off and back on I can make calls and text again. If it continues I will do the obvious which is to go to the Sprint store to have it checked out. Just wondering if anybody else is or has had this issue. Also if you have had this issue after the recent Sprint "bloatware" update. I have been to lazy to root phone recently so it is not rooted. Also I live in Boynton Beach Florida in case there is anybody else in the area having this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And yes..I did search the EVO section for this problem before posting as I was a long time CenTral member and know of the proper etiquette. I assisted many with there Palm devices but am somewhat new here. Thanks in advance!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how related this is to you as I'm up in NY but over the past week I've noticed my 3G connection dropping out.

Try to update the PRL first, then update the profile after that - I've never seen one not update before, does it give an error message?

Other things I've tried to get my 3G back up, are under settings, wireless & networks, I choose home only and toggle data on & off. Sometimes that seems to help.

I may be coincidental however it seemed to happen after the Sprint "bloatware" update. My 4G is working however 3G is not turning on when 4G is turned off. I turned on 4G to begin with because the 3G wasn't working. I have tried turning phone on and off as well as pulling the battery. Even tried updating profile etc which just continues to try updating without finishing...I did call the local Sprint store and they said signal was weak but that they had signal. They also mentioned that maintenance was going on for the 4G. And its not just a data issue. If I was to turn off 4G right now and turn it back on I would have no bars to make calls or text. However if I turn phone completely off and back on I can make calls and text again. If it continues I will do the obvious which is to go to the Sprint store to have it checked out. Just wondering if anybody else is or has had this issue. Also if you have had this issue after the recent Sprint "bloatware" update. I have been to lazy to root phone recently so it is not rooted. Also I live in Boynton Beach Florida in case there is anybody else in the area having this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And yes..I did search the EVO section for this problem before posting as I was a long time CenTral member and know of the proper etiquette. I assisted many with there Palm devices but am somewhat new here. Thanks in advance!

ferriskeanu#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
First thanks for quick response...no error on the profile or prl update...just keeps going endlessly. I have also tried turning airline mode on and off which should make it scan for service...I'm fact under the wireless settings it does say its looking...

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
First thanks for quick response...no error on the profile or prl update...just keeps going endlessly. I have also tried turning airline mode on and off which should make it scan for service...I'm fact under the wireless settings it does say its looking...

Hm, do you have another sprint phone handy?

ferriskeanu#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
No...I guess it could be worse...I could have no 4g and 3g...I am assuming it will work itself out...just hoping its not a hardware or software related issue....

ferriskeanu#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
4g is still weak in my area as they just recently started to light up the 4g...so at most I get one bar...at least (which is often) it gos in and out which means if I am using data it could go out when I am in the middle of something...and unless I am near wifi then I am out of luck...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois