OTA Swype?

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
So I've been running on Cyanogen for awhile now. I decided I would install the latest OTA to see how Swype is. I love it. Problem is, I don't love the stock ROM. Too much bloatware (I know most can be removed), options, etc. There are a few things I do like about the stock ROM though, just not worth it to me.

I was going to see if you can backup swype and transfer it over to Cyanogen, but I quickly found out it is integrated.

I was wondering if there is any way to get Swype onto Cyanogen? I would love that.

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If I'm understanding correctly what I've been reading all over the forum, you should just wait, and the people who build the rom you use will release an update with the update...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
If I'm understanding correctly what I've been reading all over the forum, you should just wait, and the people who build the rom you use will release an update with the update...

I don't think so because I don't think Swype will allow developers to do that? Kinda like how they can't bundle Google apps in a ROM. However, the google apps are available for download through the market, Swype is not. They should make Swype for the market, I would gladly pay for it.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
There is a thread over at XDA you can read but I can not post a link here its against forum rules. So go there and check it out.

Dave

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so because I don't think Swype will allow developers to do that? Kinda like how they can't bundle Google apps in a ROM. However, the google apps are available for download through the market, Swype is not. They should make Swype for the market, I would gladly pay for it.

Ah, yes... that makes sense.

Have you tried ultra keyboard? I've found that it's tracing feature works quite well, and it can be made to not be ugly like swype. You can basically customize any aspect of the theme you want, if you're into that sort of thing.