Phone says wife is in India, she's really in Texas

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Strange occurrence, my wife's HTC clock widget is indicating her current time and location as Hyderabad, India. Trust me we have never been there. I removed the widget and reinstalled. I unchecked the automatic setting in Date & Time menu and selected Central Time Zone, now the time in the very top right corner of the status bar is correct but the HTC widget time is wrong. When I click on the HTC clock, under World Clock it shows Current - Hyderabad, Home - Houston.

Has anyone seen this before.

superfeen

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Having a similar issue (phone says I'm in libreville?) First noticed it was wrong when using google shopper to find stores around me, if you ended up solving the problem post the solution.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me once too... but I ignored it and it went away after a while.

Try turning off your phone and then turning it back on.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It's just a glitch with the weather/loction service that HTC uses. Nothing to be alarmed about and it will eventually correct itself.

But for the life of me though I can't figure out how to get the EVO to print money and then fly me to that island mentioned....

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I went to a Sprint store yesterday, and they told me when Sprint updates their towers this happens to almost everyone. According to them, its Not an HTC issue but a Sprint Issue that Sprint will have to fix. This may or may not be the case in your area, but it was here. BTW this only started happening to me after the latest update.

sas7561

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I believe I figured out how to eliminate the issue.....turn off all sync setting for the widget. I also went into setting/accounts&SYNC/ uncheck sync weather. Next restart phone....reapply all sync options in the widget as well as the settings/account&sync....after completed restart phone....so far so good...problem corrected

Reactions: TLC1711

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the update, I have been having problems with GPS locating me. The weather app had me in Romania or somewhere close. I'm in N. CA. Or it couldn't locate me at all. Everytime I tap refresh, it's different. Maps has me about 20 miles away.

If I turn off 'Use wireless networks' in Menu, Settings, Location, GPS works. Turn it back on and I can repeat the troubles.

mickdroid

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I also ran into time zone problems on both of my android phones. My Samsung transform suddenly gave a location in Brasil instead of Pacific time. I was able to correct this by resetting the time zone manually, an option on the Transform. When my LG Optimus S put me in a time zone 11 hours ahead I thought I could also reset the time zone like in the Transform. Unfortunately, the Optimus does not allow this option to manually change time zones like the Transform. I discussed this with Sprint and they are looking into it.
Since Sprint does not appear to have a fix for the problem, I did some investigating. About a month ago, i had Sprint send me an Air Rave signal booster because the phone signal inside my house is marginal. This has worked great in increasing signal strength from 0 to 1 bars before to 5 to 6 bars after.
I also noticed that my time zone problem corrected itself when I left the house and reappeared when I returned home. I suspected it could be the Air Rave, and I searched the net only to find that this was a problem that has also been experienced by other Air Rave users. I contacted Air Rave support and they confirmed that this has been an issue with other users and that they are working on it. I decided to do my own test, unplugged the Air Rave, and my time zone returned to Pacific time. When I replugged the Air Rave, my phone returned to being 11 hours ahead.
So as it stands, my clock, calendar, appointments, alarms, etc are all screwed up when Air Rave is on, without which I cannot properly make or receive calls inside my house.
If I could manually change my time zone to Pacific time on my Optimus S, I could get around this problem. Is there any way to do this, or do I have to change phones?

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the issue too. My Evo keeps saying I'm in Africa. I had to change my setting manually instead of letting it get the setting automatically from the network.

Like everyone else, it all started with the latest update.

NasTraDooMis

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I went to a Sprint store yesterday, and they told me when Sprint updates their towers this happens to almost everyone. According to them, its Not an HTC issue but a Sprint Issue that Sprint will have to fix. This may or may not be the case in your area, but it was here. BTW this only started happening to me after the latest update.

These things are happening because our planets magnetosphere is totally out of wack therefore effecting our phones gps/time locations. Also the pole shift is starting to happen. Last week people started to notice compasses were off a good 180 deg with average fluctuations of 10-20 degrees. I'm pointing my evo compass to the western mountains and its showing East. If i set it down my compass needle is bouncing around 10-30 deg off. There was a story of an airport in Florida last week that had to re designate its runways because of the above mentioned problems, and that wasn't the only airport that had to (quietly) do so. This is just the start of problems and things to come. :eek:

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
These things are happening because our planets magnetosphere is totally out of wack therefore effecting our phones gps/time locations. Also the pole shift is starting to happen. Last week people started to notice compasses were off a good 180 deg with average fluctuations of 10-20 degrees. I'm pointing my evo compass to the western mountains and its showing East. If i set it down my compass needle is bouncing around 10-30 deg off. There was a story of an airport in Florida last week that had to re designate its runways because of the above mentioned problems, and that wasn't the only airport that had to (quietly) do so. This is just the start of problems and things to come. :eek:
Serious? Links?

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Yep...and it's all Dubya's fault. :p