Strange notification "DRM Required"

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I got two notifications that I have never seen before. The icons looked like an envelope with the @ symbol on it. At first I thought it was a gmail notification but there were two of them. I think when I slid down the notification window they said "DRM Required". I touched them and they disappeared without opening anything.

These notifications appeared after I disconnected my EVO from the computer. I was coping the Nexus S ringtones and notification sounds.

I don't recall ever seeing this before. I do have the latest update, it that makes a difference. Any idea what these notifications were?
Thanks

Reactions: Vetdoctor

cporta

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I got them too. I was on a call, surfing, and taking pictures at the time. When I clicked on them they went away.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
DRM is definitely copy-protections, and was part of the new OTA for use with blockbuster app it stands for Digital Rights Media if i remember correctly, or something like that

tjtweeker

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I also repeatedly receive two DRM notifications which say "License Required". I started receiving these after the latest EVO update and they seem to always pop-up after I connect my EVO to my computer. I'm not sure why they are popping up, but I find it slightly annoying; mostly because I don't know what's causing it. All the music on my phone is DRM free from Amazon and I don't have any movies. Only a few podcasts downloaded via Listen. Gonna keep monitoring.

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this the other day when I was putting some music onto my SD card. I thought it was because some or the music was from iTunes maybe. Hm. I don't know.
?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen it since, and at the time I believe I had run the Blockbuster app to see what it was like. You are probably right, its the blockbuster app.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I got it yesterday when I tried unsuccessfully to stream a podcast. I was using BeyondPod and it was a podcast that I didn't really care about anyway, so I ignored the 'error'.

tjtweeker

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
....and I can't delete the Blockbuster app because it was part of the latest OTA update? What gives? Am I overlooking something obvious here?

Last edited:

@Up_in_Smoke

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I got two notifications that I have never seen before. The icons looked like an envelope with the @ symbol on it. At first I thought it was a gmail notification but there were two of them. I think when I slid down the notification window they said "DRM Required". I touched them and they disappeared without opening anything.

These notifications appeared after I disconnected my EVO from the computer. I was coping the Nexus S ringtones and notification sounds.

I don't recall ever seeing this before. I do have the latest update, it that makes a difference. Any idea what these notifications were?
Thanks
Hey Patrick...I also got this on My EVO 4g HTC after Upgrade the other day..I have NO Music or Movies on My Phone..Can't figure it out yet @DRM Notification ~ License Required ..notice under messages..So far a Benign Message with No noted consequence on my phone...I did install an app called app planet the other day, although I have not deployed any of it yet..We will see whats up before too long maybe..i do NOT have NetFlix app..installed on my phone Mark Here

Last edited:

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have this issue, too. Every time I disconnect from a computer.

But I have the added issue where I think it's keeping my SD Card from mounting properly when I unplug from a computer. Supported by the fact that:

I unplug from a computer after using disk drive mode.
The SD Card refuses to mount properly (can't use any apps of SD).
I unmount manually from the storage menu.
Get two DRM notifications after unmount.
Remount the SD Card.
Continues to work fine.

Branfor

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened..

I had the same error just a moment ago when I plugged in my EVO to load more music, don't know what caused it or what it means.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Evo for 2 weeks and this has happened to me twice, already.

I click the notifications and they disappear and it's always 2 at the same time.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me when my 16gb sdcard s**t the bed because of unknown reasons and I have nothing like blockbuster or readers like that on my phone. im thinking it has to do when you take your sdcard out of the PC or your sdcard is starting to **** the bed or something is messing up the sdcard and the evos system is trying to access the sdcard. because the phone got really ****ed up from the sdcard being broken it was starting to jam my phone up like in recovery my said it was factory resting and it wiped the data and cache. but when I read the recovery log off of a new sdcard it was saying bad mtd block 000x000000 bla bla and it came up with that error as well when turning on the phone it would start to bog down but with a new sdcard the stock one. I have not had this error on my phone at all since the switch to amon RA 2.2 and sdcard my phone works perfect

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

acedanger

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I just started getting this message on my phone too. I can't view any of the content on my sd card as a result.

Sent from Tapatalk Pro on my HTC EVO.

mahchuz32

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the same two notifications after having my Evo connected to my PC for a good minute. When I first connected, I could not see my SD card as a disk drive on my PC. After switching to charge only and back it worked fine, deleted a few things and minutes later received the notifications.

I dont think its Blockbuster as I have rooted my Evo and removed that app and associated data.

Any other suggestions/finds???