why is the EVO so easy to (almost) drop?

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
A week into my new EVO and I have had several near drops with it that never happened with my other smartphones. Why is that?

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
bc its so thin, at least thats my problem, but i love the screen size. oh and like above get a case haha

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Are you serious?

Maybe cause its thin and youre clumsy..? How are we supposed to know why you almost drop your phone.

Try getting a case.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
imo, the best case for this phone. i love it!

agreed. the naked EVO is thin, wide, and slippery. this case provides a soft rubbery grip that's sticky but not so sticky where it's difficult to remove from the pocket. and it provides a nice cushion if dropped without being too thick. and the fit is perfect. great case and i historically hate cases.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you're having such difficulties in keeping your phone from falling. The Evo was design to feel comfortable in the hands. Regardless of your hands size - unless you have very small hands.

As mentioned in the above post - it might favors you to put a protective case on it.

In the meantime - just hold on to it tight. Lol

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you're having such difficulties in keeping your phone from falling. The Evo was design to feel comfortable in the hands. Regardless of your hands size - unless you have very small hands.

As mentioned in the above post - it might favors you to put a protective case on it.

do you miss that little turd shaped Pre?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Been completely naked since launch and only dropped my phone maybe 3 times total.... and I know for a fact twice was because I had it in my lap sitting on the couch and got up forgetting it was laying in my lap... The other time I remember dropping it was when it was in my back pocket and I reached to pull it out.. Only had two fingers on the phone and tried to quickly flip it from two finger to the palm of my hand and it dropped TO MY HORROR screen down on concrete, dusted it off and not a scratch or crack to be found.... Oh and my soon to be Ex Wife thought it was a great idea to throw it across the room once... Not sure how it hit but it hit the wall pretty hard and it DID crack the rear battery door but that is the only damage I could see from her throw (Thank god she throws like a girl)

I have found the EVO to be pretty durable and even with the naked screen I have zero scratches and no cracks or damage at all....

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Funny reading this thread..last night I dropped my Evo screen down on the garage floor. The battery and case separated and went flying. I picked up the screen fully expecting it to be shattered, but it was safe. In all the chaos, I lay the screen on the front hood of my car to pick up the battery and case..sure enough the screen slid off the car and back on the concrete... It was like lighting striking twice! I got my first minor scratch on my naked screen but I'm really impressed how durable the screen is.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Actually, I've got giant palm-two-basketballs-at-a-time hands, but I was just throwing it out there to see if anyone else thought that the EVO is a bit slick at first general use. I really think it's just because I don't want to get so many finger prints all over the center of the screen, so I handle it by the thin edges. Just an observation since I run my smartphones naked.

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
For me a lot has to do with just how aware I am of all the technology packed inside such a huge phone with such a big screen.

Heck I don't need a tablet anymore, I have a mini one with my Evo.

Don't really miss the my Pre's smaller screen, but do miss the ease of carrying it in my front pocket.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Why is it that I have had my evo for almost 2 months now and I have not even come close to dropping it.I don't know.

Sent using taptalk.