1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Have to reset phone every morning! HELP!

Since this latest update I have to turn the phone off every day and reset it. When I take the phone off charge and try to use the internet it will not work! It tells me the web page cannot be displayed. This has happened every day since the update. Does anyone have any suggestions or a solution to this problem? Thanks

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Yep happening to me every morning, same scenario with wifi connection. shows that it is connected but no access, but rather than full reset (power cycle) I just toggle off of wifi and turn it back on and that seems to do the trick. glad to know I am not the only one.

I'm having the same problem a well. I just turn airplane mode on then off. That usually works.
    moto star tac, samsung flip phone, sanyo rl-4920, moto q x5, samsung ace, htc snap x3, palm pre, Evo, MoPho 4g!

I have not had it happen to me at all since the update. Did you do the manual update or the ota update?

From my Captivate :-)
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Ota update.
    moto star tac, samsung flip phone, sanyo rl-4920, moto q x5, samsung ace, htc snap x3, palm pre, Evo, MoPho 4g!

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

I had this problem after OTA update. I thought I was just going crazy...I don't know the solution but it fixed itself after the first day.

Do you have the latest PRL updated?
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Yes. I updated again this morning.

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Yep happening to me every morning, same scenario with wifi connection. shows that it is connected but no access, but rather than full reset (power cycle) I just toggle off of wifi and turn it back on and that seems to do the trick. glad to know I am not the only one.
    Is your wifi sleeping maybe? To check this go to settings-wireless&networks-Wi-Fi Settings-menu-advanced-Wi-Fi sleep policy - should be set to never

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO1Android View Post
    Is your wifi sleeping maybe? To check this go to settings-wireless&networks-Wi-Fi Settings-menu-advanced-Wi-Fi sleep policy - should be set to never
    Yes, it is set to never, thanks though.

Update profile and PRL. That should take care of the problem.

You should perform a full reboot. Turn the device off - then press and hold down the power and volume down button. The device should then show a bright white screen with options to reboot, and so forth. Follow steps for rebooting device.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Not sure if this will help and it will be a pain to do but after the lastest update I saved all my Info to my pc and did a factory reset after my update...then put everything back minus some aps I had to reinstall..it cleared up a lot of the problems I was having before the update and my phones running like new again....
    Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Roms: Lab Rats LK8
    Version:4.1.2
    Hardware: L900.09
    Baseband: L900VPALK8
    PRI: ?
    PRL: 55010
    Kernel: 3.0.31-626403scinfra@SEP-83#1
    Themes: Million Shades of Gray
    Launcher: TW Launcher
    Recovery: TWRP
    Retired: Samsung Instinct,Palm Pre,HTC Evo 4g,htc Evo 4G LTE