1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 6.1.1/ Snap

Default swype on different roms

hey everyone,
    I did the OTA and got swype and everything, and was wondering how I can get it working on other roms as well. I tried used Titanium Backup and the only thing it backed up was the data, not the app.

I'm still rooted and everything else works fine, just would like to know if it is possible to use it on anything other than the stock rom (was unable to load it on AOSP and Sense roms)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Most newly made roms will include the swype, at least the sense based ones.

Cyanogen will never include closed sourced apps. To get it on AOSP, pull it from a sense rom and install with astro.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

ROM
    Viper4G

Well you are in luck. The beta opened up today, so you can put the apk on any ROM you'd like. I was using stock just to have Swype. Got the beta today, and immediately went back to Cyanogen.

Cyanogen + Swype = Love

Now all I have to do is wait for Cyanogen to update to gingerbread.

Just go to the Swype website. You get into the beta right away (it's the same as release for evo)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 6.1.1/ Snap

that's the thing, the beta doesn't allow it to be downloaded to the evo now since it was included in the OTA....

I also tried to download the beta which downloaded fine, but when I try to open it says "no data network was found an internet connection is required" and I have a connection! What gives?
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4