1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

Default Got Evo on another account, can I transfer it to my account?

Hello guys, I got my sister to use her upgrade discount to get the Evo at RS online store for $99. Once I received the phone can I swap the phone to my account? Or does she has to keep it for 6 month before I do that? Would her credit card be charge extra because she is not using the phone on her account?

Thank you for any response

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Are you both on the same Sprint account (sharing minutes etc.)? If so, you should not have a problem, this is what I did, except I added a new line to get the discount, transferred my previous phone number to my new Evo, and gave my sister my blackberry as a new phone line for her.
    Send files between your Android and your PC with Dropbox - Click here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eye4ni View Post
    Are you both on the same Sprint account (sharing minutes etc.)? If so, you should not have a problem, this is what I did, except I added a new line to get the discount, transferred my previous phone number to my new Evo, and gave my sister my blackberry as a new phone line for her.
    We are on separate accounts

I'm pretty sure it has to be activated on her line first then she can do whatever she wants with the phone. This is almost exactly how I got my Pre last year. My parents added a line to their sprint plan for my sister (and just to be clear I'm on my own plan not theirs) and got a Pre on that line and then we transfered the Pre to my line and transfered my old phone to her new line.

I asked a Sprint rep before we did this and they said that it was fine but we automatically wave the right to the 30 day return window when you swap phones to a different line.
    ... but I still miss WebOS
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slow_S10 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it has to be activated on her line first then she can do whatever she wants with the phone. This is almost exactly how I got my Pre last year. My parents added a line to their sprint plan for my sister (and just to be clear I'm on my own plan not theirs) and got a Pre on that line and then we transfered the Pre to my line and transfered my old phone to her new line.

I asked a Sprint rep before we did this and they said that it was fine but we automatically wave the right to the 30 day return window when you swap phones to a different line.
    Ah ok thank you. Now I hope that RS don't charge the credit card we used to pay for the phone online. You know how some retail store ask that you keep the phone on your line for like 6 month since they are giving you the discount and if you don't they can bill your card for the discounted amount. I called sprint and they said I could do it but I would lose the rights to any rebate and since rebate was instant I won't worry about that.

Thank you guys.

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

You have to keep the phone active on her line for atleast 30 days to get any mail in rebates.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lornaevo View Post
    You have to keep the phone active on her line for atleast 30 days to get any mail in rebates.
    That's the good part of the deal all rebates were instant

Call rs, act as a new customer wanting to know, explain that some retailers have done that to you before, see what they tell you. That's what I would do.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveh552 View Post
    Call rs, act as a new customer wanting to know, explain that some retailers have done that to you before, see what they tell you. That's what I would do.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    Yeah I'll do that