contact issues

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
help! either my phone or my gmail account is royally screwing up my contacts. they are being merged/duplicated/deleted to the point where i can't tell who is calling anymore. i think its my phone because its taking fb contacts who aren't in my gmail list and merging them with people who are. i dont' even know where to start with this.

this happened with my blackberry when i still had it a year ago though... its the reason i gave up blackberrys altogether

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
maybe try this -

1. make sure all of your Gmail contacts are saved in your Gmail account on Google.com (PC side).
2. log out/unlink from Facebook on phone.
3. go to settings--->apps--->contacts/people and choose clear data cache.
4. go to your contacts/people app and make sure it's empty.
5. re-sync to Gmail.
6. be careful when re-adding Facebook.

good luck.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
In your contact.list you have an option to show which group of contacts you want....Facebook, Phone only, Gmail, etc.
Then you have an option to link each contact. In each contact if you hit the menu key you will have an option to link that contact to another account. It will get rid of the duplicates. You have to go through each contact and link them to whatever accounts there in. Or you can delete the accounts...also with the menu button.

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
i posted this in the wrong forum lol.. i have an epic... but i'm gonna try this stuff anyway cause it looks like it may work.. thanks evo people!

1Brite1

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
This just happened to me when I switched to the new Gingerbread rom. Luckily, I use WaveSecure, which automatically made an initial backup of my contacts. I also use LookOut and it is supposed to have backup capabilities but it would only backup what was on my phone now with the Gingerbread rom, which happened to be 20. I backed up using WaveSecure and all of my original 206 contacts were restored! Google backup did not work properly for some reason.