1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Talking The HTC Evo Plays BLU-RAY

The HTC EVO 4G becomes one of the most powerful mobile entertainment machine with the latest update. With the Android phone, you’ve got the power to do more than you ever thought possible with a smartphone.

One of the key features is its integrated HD video capture and 4G speeds, which makes slow uploads and grainy video a thing of the past. Now, the HTC EVO 4G can help you post high-quality video/movie to YouTube or Facebook, or share moments in real time over the Internet live via Qik. Even you can watch those captured videos on an HDTV via an HDMI cable.

However, the big screen Sprint phone can’t play your favorite Blu-ray and DVD movies, even other HD video formats, like TiVo, MKV, WMV, MOV, VOB, AVI, and music files. So what is ”’the best solution to put and play Blu-ray movies and videos on HTC EVO 4G”’? No worry. The guide will do a great favor for you.

To enjoy Blu-ray and DVD videos on HTC EVO 4G, you have to ”’convert Blu-ray to HTC EVO 4G playable format”’ and then ”’transfer them to your HTC EVO 4G”’.

”’What’s you need:”’
    * Foxreal [ ''Blu-ray Ripper''].
    * A PC.
    * A BD ROM.
    * BD/DVD discs.

”’Part 1: Rip Blu-ray/DVD dics movies to HTC EVO 4G compatible formats.”’

”’Foxreal Blu-ray Ripper”’ is recommended here as the fast ”’Blu-ray to HTC EVO 4G Converter”’ software because of its CUDA acceleration and its advanced video/audio sync technology.

”’Step 1:”’ Run Foxreal Blu-ray to HTC EVO ripping software and click “BD/DVD Rom” to load your Blu-ray or DVD files. (If you want to rip BD to HTC EVO, please make sure your BD ROM is connected with your computer and the BD disc is inserted into the drive.)

”’Step 2:”’ Select HTC EVO 4G workable format. In the “Format” drop-down list, you could easily choose “Android – > HTC Supersonic Evo 4G H.264 Video (*.mp4)” as the output format for your HTC EVO 4G.

”’Step 3:”’ Customize output settings to get the best HTC EVO 4G video format. After clicking the “Settings” button, you are allowed to adjust video/audio parameters for the output profile, including bitrate, frame rate, codec, file size, channels and more. ”’H.264 800*480 pix at 1500 kbps for HTC EVO 4G”’ is recommended here, which can help you get the full screen movie files on your HTC EVO 4G with high quality.

”’Step 4:”’ Select subtitle or audio track language from the “”’Subtitle”’” or “”’Audio”’” drop-down list. If you like, you can also choose the TrueHD audio for conversion. Meanwhile, forced subtitles are available as well.

”’Step 5:”’ Convert Blu-ray/DVD to H.264 MP4 for HTC EVO 4G. Just hit the convert icon, you will get the ripped Blu-ray movies at 5x faster speed without quality loss.

”’Part 2: Transfer BD/DVD videos to HTC EVO 4G.”’

After the Blu-ray/DVD discs are converted, the next you should do is to transfer the movies to your HTC EVO 4G. You can follow the step-by-step guide to realize it.

”’Step 1:”’ Connect your HTC EVO 4G to your PC via USB. (A pop-up message will show up reminding you whether to copy files between your computer and your phone’s SD card.)

”’Step 2:”’ Click the “”’Mount”’” button. Then, create a folder named Video in the root folder on the EVO 4G.

”’Step 3:”’ Copy the ripped or converted movie files into the Video folder.

After the above operations, those ripped Blu-ray and DVD videos will be transferred to your HTC EVO 4G and then you could [ ''enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies on EVO 4G''] anytime anywhere on its big screen.
    Cellphone pimpin' ain't easy!
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Aren't illegal topics not allowed here?

And the title is misleading.

ROM
    Stock

Why would this be illegal?

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVODeck

this would only be not illegal if you already owned the DVDs. if not they would already be in a format to be played...through say Rockplayer (etal.).

That being said this really is only necessary for older movies as the newer releases almost always come with a digital copy for your viewing pleasure. Saves me the trouble of ripping.

Really this would only be convienient if I could use the HDMI out and use this on the go for say my son and his Elmo movies in the hotel.

If I had someone to do it for me - then I would consider doing it. I'm a Sprint TV kind a guy. Just turn it on, rent what I want... or just watch a preview.

Thanks anyway for the info.

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

even in .mp4, i'm sure this file would probably be insanely huge.
    hopefully i'm assuming wrong

Nothing illegal here. And, many of us still watch older movies all the time.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVODeck

there are actually court cases saying that if you are downloading anything (epub, mp3, movies) that you already own you have legal backing as you have purchased it. Straight up stealing....IS. NOT. COOL.!

I put one on my evo in a similar method as an MP4...it was like 2.3 gb!...but it was inception which is a fairly long movie.

Darn, from the thread topic, I thought there was a blu-ray player as well.

Seriously, It's not actually Blu-ray, but just converted to a different format.

How legal is this...

Only illegal if your renting movies and ripping them for personal use. If you OWN or have purchased the movie and your just trying to put it in a format to fit on your EVO there is nothing illegal about it...

I use a program to rip DVD's to iTunes that way the kids don't destroy the DVD's switching them out... I converted all their Disney, Barney, Spongebob movies to iTunes and then got a Apple TV box so they could just choose the movies they wanted to watch....

I've been trying to fit the disc into the phone, but it just won't go.

i think the phone wouldnt be able to handle playback of that anyways...

it already has trouble playing video it took with its own camera doesnt it lol

It back all choppy cause the FPS cap, even with tweaks its not perfect, so i doubt blu-ray converted would be any better.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This is not illegal, this is all his property, he is not distributing the Blu-ray video or anything like that. Anyways, I doubt anyone would do this for an average video watch, maybe for a long trip, but definitely cool.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

Quote Originally Posted by galdaco3 View Post
    i think the phone wouldnt be able to handle playback of that anyways...

it already has trouble playing video it took with its own camera doesnt it lol

It back all choppy cause the FPS cap, even with tweaks its not perfect, so i doubt blu-ray converted would be any better.
    FPS cap was removed a few updates ago. And the choppiness has been discussed over and over again, its an issue with Froyo...

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Yes, making a backup of what you own is not illegal. BUT breaking the encryption is.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

It should also be noted that this forum deletes articles about where to get roms. I'm just trying to maintain some consistency.

I thought this was gonna be about hooking a bluray player to the Evo through the microHDMI port.....eh
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

If anyone points to, uploads, or discusses the method of obtaining copyrighted material (one post above does exactly that and was deleted), that person would be violating our illegal activities rule. As it stands, there is nothing wrong with it.

Default Re: The HTC Evo Plays BLU-RAY

Seems you can enjoy the blu-ray movies on the mobile device if you have a .
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com