Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

PS- You have to call Sprint to get your MLS number.

Default Sirius Radio App sounds crappy

I have the Sirius radio app which works okay but the quality of the streaming sounds like its at a lower bitrate then 128Kbps. I was listening to Pandora the other day and the depth of the stream was awesome on the "normal" setting.

There is a distinked difference between the sound quality of pandora and Sirius running through the same speakers/headset. Anyone else notice this? Is there a way to tweak the Sirius app to get a better bitrate or is it the way Sirius streams their Internet audio?

On a side question, I was under the assumption that the premium Internet streaming was of better quality then listening to the satellite radio receiver? If this is a true assumption then my Sirius radio App sounds worse then the receiver does.

Thoughts?

FB

Apart from uninstall and reinstall the app.. there isn't anything else you can do.

Good-luck.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

I run the app every day, just about all day, from work with little to no problems. Every now and then it'll sound like it's been throttled down and gets a "tinny" sound, but it's very infrequent and doesn't last very long.

I have an evo with the sirius app. Why doesn't it work away from wifi? It will load, and display the channel information but no sound

Markd, I and others have the same issue. I called Sprint and got my MLS number and went through the recommended steps, but it still only works over wifi. Hopefully, Sprint of Sirius will fix the issue. Sprint says it a Sirius issue, and vice versa. Nice!

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS5

Holy crap! This is an amazing tip! I have been having horrible problems with Pandora, Slacker, and almost every Shoutcast streamer. Once I applied these changes, it's like a have a whole new phone! ALL streaming works perfectly again! Thanks Android Central Forums!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SASiman11 View Post

There was a minor typo on his post as the number you dial is ##3282# not "##3283#"

"Apparently the update changed the settings below to something that disrupts streamin. Whether it is because Sprint wants to redirect this traffic to a proxy server or someone just goofed on the settings, who knows. But I checked the settings against a Moment and the Moment has different settings.

Here's the fix:

1) Dial ##3282#
    2) Choose Edit Mode
    3) Enter MSL
    4) Choose Advanced
    5) Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to: 0
    6) Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to: 0.0.0.0

Successfully tested on both 3G and 4G with NPR News app (which consistently errored out within seconds of starting before this change). "
    Thanks for this. What are the drawbacks to doing this. Any? It worked for me. Thank you.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Just an FYI that this worked like a charm for my EVO. Thanks to all for the help!! My speeds seem to be faster according to Speedtest.net.

Issue with XM app is resolved, along with the other issues, you need to get your MSL from a Sprint tech, go into your EPST (##3282#), go into EDIT mode, enter your MSL, then go to ADVANCED, scroll all the way down to " HTTP PD Proxy Address", change the setting to 0.0.0.0, change the " HTTP PD Proxy Port" to 0, then exit. For some reason the update changes those settings to pd.vog....sprint something, and messes up any app that uses streaming data, I found this fix on the App Market, in the reviews of the XM app....notified my local sprint store of the problem, and the girl looked at me like I was crazy, she said she updated her phone, and had no issues, I told her to look here, and on other forums to see all the complaints about the latest update. Hope this helps others who are having the same issue.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SASiman11 View Post

There was a minor typo on his post as the number you dial is ##3282# not "##3283#"

"Apparently the update changed the settings below to something that disrupts streamin. Whether it is because Sprint wants to redirect this traffic to a proxy server or someone just goofed on the settings, who knows. But I checked the settings against a Moment and the Moment has different settings.

Here's the fix:

1) Dial ##3282#
    2) Choose Edit Mode
    3) Enter MSL
    4) Choose Advanced
    5) Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to: 0
    6) Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to: 0.0.0.0

Successfully tested on both 3G and 4G with NPR News app (which consistently errored out within seconds of starting before this change). "
    Followed step by step and worked for me on my Evo. Awesome!!! Used MSL Reader
    Blackberry Curve > HTC Hero > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC Evo 4G>Nexus S 4G>Galaxy Nexus
    Archos 101 > Acer Iconia A500

The only thing, if you have to do a hard reset on your phone, you have to do this procedure all over again. The phone loses these settings after a hard reset, for some reason.

Where do you get msl
    Last edited by 8691stang; 05-11-2011 at 10:29 PM.

You can call Sprint and ask them for it or if you are rooted there is an app in the market that will give it to you.

Talking

Thank you so much for this info! My Sirius/XM and ESPN Radio apps finally work again! I haven't been able to listen to either app since January and thought it was just reception in my area. Really appreciate this post!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567