Reason and fix for Rdio, Rhapsody, Sirius/XM, BitBop, et al failing over 3G after OTA

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Actually, Sprint told me last night that if I did the fix listed above, my warranty would be void. Anyone else hear that?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
How could reprogramming the MSL code void your warrany? That makes no sense. It has to be done on some phones just to get them activated and working.

Posted from my eVo!

Reactions: Erckul

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
This fixed Grooveshark for me. I was a tad hesitant to do the method on xda but it's really simple. Took me 4minutes tops.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I called sprint this evening and the nice lady gave my the number right away. No questions asked. She even gave me a back up number....
first #.... 593483
second#... 281455

From what I've read, everyone's code is unique. Mine begins with 358xxx.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
How could reprogramming the MSL code void your warrany? That makes no sense. It has to be done on some phones just to get them activated and working.

Posted from my eVo!

hey, Verwon. Have you tried this yet? Not sure if I should just wait for the fix

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If you were to visit a Service/Repair center this is what they would be doing. The same process is on internal threads about the problem. If you can get the MSL from a rep/app, go for it. There's a chance if you called into tech support and got a good rep, he'd walk you through it as well. Known problem within Sprint.

sailnut

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Sirius Radio Not Working After 3.70.651.1 Update

Talked to Siriusxm today. They said upgrade to Sirius Android app due out in the next 24 hours to fix the problem.

Reactions: Erckul

cataylo6

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
z4root and msl reader worked for me, after a few tries. Msl reader didn't work until I rebooted and used temp root from z4. I just streamed 3 or 4 songs from sirius/xm to check it out and had no problems. Thanks.

volhater

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
It worked for me. However the first time I did step 1 it did not work. I power of phone and then tried it and bingo i have music now.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
called today and explained that I would like my MSL code to fix the Sirius app issue. Without hesitation, the lady gave it to me. Went through the steps and it fixed the issue. No more carrying around my Sirius stiletto anymore. woot

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
it's been working good for me so far. the stiletto is also my home unit, so if things go bad, I have that for a back up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante