Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Default This is not normal, Huh?

Over the last 3 months I've had two problems with the battery and Camera:

1) The battery, every other day or so, does not last the entire day even WITHOUT camera, camcorder, music or data usage. This seems to be temporarily resolved with a quick removal and insertion of the battery. Does this look familiar?

2) Attached, is a photo taken without camera effects. This effect comes and goes when I use BOTH the camera and camcorder. Does this look familiar?

THANKS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This is not normal, Huh?-imag0105.jpg  
    Last edited by Artorture; 12-27-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

My photos look like that too it just started i really want to know how to stop it. But it just my back 8mp camera not the front 1.3mp. I there some who can help us that would be great.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Well, the Camera just caused my phone to luck up and reboot. Odd?

that's pretty trippy, can't say i've seen this before, keep us updated.
    Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3d> Galaxy S2> Sprint Galaxy S3> Tmobile Galaxy S3> Tmoble HTC One & Asus Transformer Pad Infiniti

once or twice.... i went to use my camera, and it wouldn't even start. the camera icon would come on the screen, and then the app would quickly close itself. i tried using vignette to see if perhaps it was the android camera app for some odd reason.... but vignette failed to function as well... it freaked me out, but it hasn't happened anymore. i hope you find a solution to your problem! good luck
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goodness 3.0.0

my camera seems to be working ok....keep this threadf update....like to see where this issue goes......good luck with finding a solution

ROM
    OMJ's ROM

No problems with the camera. But sometimes the battery problem happens I thought I was the only one.

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP ICS

I have the same problem after I got my phone back from Sprint when they replaced the external speaker.....I just tap my camera and it sets to normal but unfortunately I have to do it every time
    BB Storm ---->> Moto Droid ---->> Droid Incredible ---->> Evo 4G ---->> Moto Droid ---->> Droid 2 ---->>Incredible 2
    Gtalk: kingmontes

Knock on wood, my 6 months old EVO is 100% fine. Battery suck, but we all know that... personally, I'm connected to a charger everywhere I go and I have no problem with it.
    2008 - 2010: G1
    2010 - 2011: EVO 4G
    2011 - Present: Nexus S 4G

What hardware version is your phone? 003?

I have never seen this issue on my Evo. Sorry, good luck with the fix.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikG 2.56/Freedom 0.9

Quote Originally Posted by Artorture View Post

1) The battery, every other day or so, does not last the entire day even WITHOUT camera, camcorder, music or data usage. This seems to be temporarily resolved with a quick removal and insertion of the battery. Does this look familiar?
    This statement confuses me. Are you saying that your battery life is suffering even though you aren't using the camera function, camcorder, playing music, or any data on your phone? And I don't understand how a battery pull can resolve suffering battery life.

I may be mis-reading this, but please clarify this for me.

It just looks like a photo with the solarize effect to me.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Have you tried a factory reset by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by b0ricua View Post
    This statement confuses me. Are you saying that your battery life is suffering even though you aren't using the camera function, camcorder, playing music, or any data on your phone? And I don't understand how a battery pull can resolve suffering battery life.

I may be mis-reading this, but please clarify this for me.
    I have had a rouge app start eating up battery when I am not even using the phone and a battery pull or reboot of the phone fixed the problem.... Since I do have ATK installed but only use it if something gets hung up. It's not set to auto kill or anything like that...

More than once I have pulled my phone off the charger and 2 hours later battery is below 50% without even using the phone one time. When I checked spare parts Facebook was the offender each time.... rebooting or battery pull cleared it up.. Or now a quick task kill clears it up.. No clue WHY Facebook hangs up from time to time....

Outside of that no clue..... Never had a problem with the camera but did have my touch screen short out after 6 months...

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artorture View Post

2) Attached, is a photo taken without camera effects. This effect comes and goes when I use BOTH the camera and camcorder. Does this look familiar?

THANKS
    Had the same camera issue with the front facing one. Only way I solved this was to open the camera app and go to its settings scroll down to Reset To Default. Changes your settings like sharpness n what not but it solved the issue for me. Also it resets the file count for pics, so if you ever deleted 002 or 003 for example, all the new pics you take will fill in those counts.

Hope that helps

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikG 2.56/Freedom 0.9

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie317 View Post
    I have had a rouge app start eating up battery when I am not even using the phone and a battery pull or reboot of the phone fixed the problem.... Since I do have ATK installed but only use it if something gets hung up. It's not set to auto kill or anything like that...

More than once I have pulled my phone off the charger and 2 hours later battery is below 50% without even using the phone one time. When I checked spare parts Facebook was the offender each time.... rebooting or battery pull cleared it up.. Or now a quick task kill clears it up.. No clue WHY Facebook hangs up from time to time....

Outside of that no clue..... Never had a problem with the camera but did have my touch screen short out after 6 months...
    There's a lot of chat about the latest PRI (1.90_003) causing folks to experience extremely bad battery drain regardless of a custom kernal or whatnot. Some folks have downgraded their PRI to the previous 1.77 and have seen much better results.

Netarchy posted a big warning on his kernel post:

[GPL][Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, Stable: 4.1.9.1 Beta: 4.3.1 - xda-developers

Just a note about the camera app closing itself immediately...
    I ran into that this summer when, as best I could tell, I had very little memory left due to using multiple GPS active apps.
    This includes both RAM usage being high as well as (prior to 2.2) a very full storage of apps.
    So..check your free memory and drive numbers....
    Lastly, low battery power can contribute to this happening.
    Loving my new SG3.
    Previously happy EVO 4G owner ..mostly..
    Acer A500
    Thankful for Android Central. It's how I learned about Android and dived into the deep end!

I have the exact same problem. Or similar at least. My Evo's 8mp camera sometimes takes these pink/purplish colors. I was just googling this problem yesterday and it seems this problem is pretty widespread. My dad and friend have Evo and it doesnt happen to theirs however. I dont know what to do.

I surely would like to know what's causing this problem because I went from charging twice a day to 4x with the same use. I've even resorted to only taking calls and text, nothing else and it's still draining the battery. Something is wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by b0ricua View Post
    There's a lot of chat about the latest PRI (1.90_003) causing folks to experience extremely bad battery drain regardless of a custom kernal or whatnot. Some folks have downgraded their PRI to the previous 1.77 and have seen much better results.

Netarchy posted a big warning on his kernel post:

[GPL][Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, Stable: 4.1.9.1 Beta: 4.3.1 - xda-developers
    Didn't realize that.... I unrooted two weeks ago.. Took the phone to Sprint and had to wait 4 days to get my replacement/warranty EVO back so I have not been paying much attention lately....

But I can say I have gotten great battery life out of this replacement EVO while still 100% stock.... I just don't like the sound coming out of the ear piece vs my original EVO

Well actually I dont have the battery issue. My battery is pretty good. However my dad does have battery issue and my friend but they do not have camera issue... Iono. I hope somehow sprint finds out about this and maybe pushes a update? Maybe the last update is what caused this?

This happened to me around the end of July or August, sometime in the summer. I was at a different forum then, and I got two suggestions on how to correct it, I did them both, sort of. I think it worked, but on the downside, since I did bother together, I'm not sure which one was it.

First one isn't really a fix, but a possible cause to the problem. Its possible the two problems are related. When this was happening to me, my phone was running hot (to the point where it wouldn't charge until it cooled down). Now, my battery wasn't draining like yours is, but I know sometimes the battery may drain because of the coding in an app, making the app use too much power and drains the battery. When this happens, I think the phone gets hot. Is your phone hot? It was suggested to me that the heat to the phone may distort the camera images. If you haven't, you can download Watchdog (there is a free version), which can monitor apps to see if any are running out of whack. If you can isolate the app, remove it, hopefully that would solve your problem.

The other suggestion was to download a camera app. I used Camera 360, the free version. When I used it, no distorted images, of course, my phone wasn't running hot, so I'm not sure if I had already fixed it. Its worth a shot anyway.

Unfortunately, I can't say for sure which is the fix, and if I fixed it at all, or if the problem just sort of worked itself out. Overall, it only happened to me for a couple days, and once it went away, it hasn't come back yet, at least 4-5 months later. Hope it helps.

I'm on harware 003.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

My phone has come up with the camera like that. This sounds bad but I knock it against my leg (still gently) and it'll switch back to normal. I guess something inside isn't right after I dropped it one time too many.

I've had this kind of behavior but in the camcorder mode and ONLY since the last EVO update. Phone never rooted, running hardware v002. When filming my daughters basketball game (grade school gym) I noticed that the image would focus, purple haze would 'grow' around images and then reset to normal then the purple haze would grow again then go away, yada, yada, yada. Seemed related to focus and how the lens was dealing with/processing light. I pressed the record button and captured the video while this was happening. During playback, the camcorder had captured the repetitive purple hazing. Seems like the hazing started around the brightest objects in view.

I attempted to adjust settings to overcome and thought I had improved quality by adjusting brightness to -1. Tried a few more times and problem reoccurred. I reset brightness to 0 and then took Resolution to WVGA (800x480) from 720P (1280x720). That eliminated the purple hazing for me. I can recreate the issue by moving resolution to 720P and eliminate it by moving resolution to WVGA. There is a problem with my EVO capturing video with resolution set at 720P.

I've NOT had any problems with picture quality (I'm set at 8M resolution (3264x1952)). Videos recorded at 720P before the last update were/are just fine. Videos since, not so good. Hoping for a fix soon ... as of now, HD video recording is not working.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast