Gingerbread??

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay so not to long ago Gingerbread was released & a couple of days later AC tweeted that a rumor was going around about the Evo getting Gingerbread before Christmas & as it looks the rumor was false :/!!! So has there been any other rumors of Evo & Gingerbread coming together?

90Awdsm

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
There are Several Gingerbread ROMS out that are Stable Enough to use as Daily Roms.

Evervolve, Savage and BCnice on xda has some great ones out!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No... The official gingerbread update has not been announced yet for the EVO. I'm not sure if you could get it if your rooted. Maybe - maybe not.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't expect the Evo to officially get Gingerbread before the Nexus One. Given the way Manufacturers/Carriers have been with pushing updates it's not safe to speculate when it will be released.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Cyanogen has pretty stable release of Gingerbread. Everything seems to be working except 4G (obviously), HDMI and Camcorder. I am pretty happy with it. It's considered pre-alpha but very impressive.

nick.anderegg

Dec 28, 2010
nickanderegg.me
I can't remember the exact source where I read this, but I think that HTC phones that will eventually get Gingerbread will get the update sometime around mid-March. That is waaay too far away if you ask me. :)

-Nick :) :) :)

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
If mid march is in fact the timeframe for the official gingerbread release, it makes me even more glad that I rooted my phone

Sent using Tapatalk Pro on my Evo

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't call those gingerbread roms stable yet.

I would want everything but 4g/HDMI working to call it stable.

nick.anderegg

Dec 28, 2010
nickanderegg.me
We only have HTC and their custom interface to blame for this massive delay. If they didn't have to spend months designing, refining, and tweaking their stupid HTC Sense interface to work with Gingerbread, we would probably have it by now. But we don't.

-Nick :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Karadax

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
We only have HTC and their custom interface to blame for this massive delay. If they didn't have to spend months designing, refining, and tweaking their stupid HTC Sense interface to work with Gingerbread, we would probably have it by now. But we don't.

Um, yeah right. All I know is that I want my stock EVO to work as flawlessly as it did with the Froyo rollout. I got over my power user / have to have the best ASAP thing a long time ago, so perhaps that has a big bearing in my not understanding people being impatient.

Also, it is not just sense that needs to be tweaked to work on the EVO.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Nexus One the only Android phone that runs plain Android without custimizations from the manufacturer? Was HTC not the first one to roll out Froyo on any device, lucky for us it was the Evo? Do you see Motorola or Samsung getting Froyo faster than what HTC accomplished?

Not only is the HTC Sense UI the best one out there, at least in my opinion, HTC is also the fastest one to roll out updates. I think you can thank both HTC and Sprint for that.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Honeycomb is coming in March not gingerbread. Sprint said they wanted gingerbread before Christmas but still has not come yet but Sprint wants the Evo to get it 1st, prob after the nexus. But we are getting it and I bet its after the new year.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay so not to long ago Gingerbread was released & a couple of days later AC tweeted that a rumor was going around about the Evo getting Gingerbread before Christmas & as it looks the rumor was false :/!!! So has there been any other rumors of Evo & Gingerbread coming together?

You should get your news from more reliable sources.... :p :cool:

nick.anderegg

Dec 28, 2010
nickanderegg.me
Honeycomb is slated for March, but it is intended for Tablet use. Gingerbread already has a fully stable vanilla release and have had it for over a week, but that doesn't mean that we're getting it already. HTC has to test. Gingerbread with all of their UI and features so they don't push an update and end up with thousands of angry customers.

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I think the biggest point that has yet to be made is the fact the Nexus 1 doesn't have Gingerbread from google yet. Our phone, and N1 share many of the same core components. When google has that ready for N1, it may be easier for HTC to get Gingerbread working properly on their platform.