What does "DRM Notification" mean??

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
On my notification bar I keep getting an icon...looks like a black envelope with an "@" on it. When I pull down the notification menu it says:

DRM Notification
License Required

What does this mean and what am I supposed to do about it?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
On my notification bar I keep getting an icon...looks like a black envelope with an "@" on it. When I pull down the notification menu it says:

DRM Notification
License Required

Digital rights management. basically telling you that you need to have a license for lets say a movie or music. this is meant to stop priacy....if you have a custom rom this may pop up , or if you loaded up music or a movie that has this feature built in.

Android as a whole doesnt support anything with digital rights management even if you own the license. its a linux limitation.

So pretty much just ignore it.

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Digital rights management. basically telling you that you need to have a license for lets say a movie or music. this is meant to stop priacy....if you have a custom rom this may pop up , or if you loaded up music or a movie that has this feature built in.

Android as a whole doesnt support anything with digital rights management even if you own the license. its a linux limitation.

So pretty much just ignore it.

Hmmm, haven't downloaded anything like that. I did the update last night...does that have anything to do with it?
I think it's strange that it would just start showing up all of the sudden.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, haven't downloaded anything like that. I did the update last night...does that have anything to do with it?
I think it's strange that it would just start showing up all of the sudden.

yeah for some reason i get it everytime i put in a fresh rom, then it just goes away. ill research it when i have free time and if i learn anything ill let you know

Reactions: newmomto1

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
yeah for some reason i get it everytime i put in a fresh rom, then it just goes away. ill research it when i have free time and if i learn anything ill let you know

I am embarassed to say I don't even know what a "rom" is :eek:
But thanks for the info :p
I'll keep checking back to see if there is any further info.
Thx again!

ETA: I just googled "rom"....I now have a vague and still confused idea of what it is ;)

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
The new ota update just added it, if you have some files downloaded from "other sources" that may be the cause of it

Sent using Tapatalk Pro on my Evo

Reactions: AnnDroid

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
ROM in this situation is about a new custom android operating system (OS). lots of android users.. will install a custom ROM on their phones. why? you will have to go into the Rooting and Development section to read more.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I only saw this on a specific custom rom. Cant remember which one. might have been Fresh though. I never knew what it meant and never got it again after I removed said ROM and moved to something else

I.Gearz

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
DRM "@" notifications (2)

This is just a thought that occurred after reading many posts on this. Has anyone considered " Sample Music"? If you look at the properties when the phone is usb connected to computer, the sample music that comes with the stock config was encoded by by ITunes. I didn't get the message until after I removed the EVO from said usb connection and the card started to remount.

rmewfy

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

DRM Notification
License Required

I also started getting this notification. I have the HTC EVO. I was curious why and trying to figure what I'm going to set it in motion. I was just reading the news and doing web searches ended up watching a blog video and when I went back to home I had two notifications. I'm wondering if in the past as well as this morning if videos are the issue. I have full length movies loaded on my micro SD and haven't had the notifications show up.
My spouse has the HTC EVO Shift and doesn't get this warning.

Slightly annoying because if you click notification it goes no where or shows the reason for issue.

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have only seen this once in a while and each time I was using the NASCAR app which came with the phone.

I have the HTC Evo 4G and it's still has 2.2 Froyo. I have not yet upgraded.

HamRadioNut

Saphira

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I was getting this from some itunes music that was "protected" and not "purchased". Once I got the AAC protection off the music file I haven't seen it pop up again.

It is very frustrating that it doesn't tell you exactly what file is bring this problem up, and it didn't always show up for me, just once in a while.

angiru

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I know what the notification mean, however I want to know how I can get my Verizon FiOS Flexview movies to download. One of the selling points with Verizon's Flexview was the ability to watch your purchases on your mobile device. I had no problem with my Charge but it won't let me down load my purchases onto my Bionic. :'( It tells me that it doesn't Support DRM protected content. Any advise would be wonderful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12