Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Not reading the...need fast help! Thank you!

SD card or giving me any info on the internal memory. I have a lot of very cool photos that I need to get off of the phone but my computer won't even pick it up. Help!

Thank you!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by txfroggy View Post
    SD card or giving me any info on the internal memory. I have a lot of very cool photos that I need to get off of the phone but my computer won't even pick it up. Help!

Thank you!
    are you mounting the card ? did you try to restart the phone? did you try to manually remove the card and reinsert it and try again.
    If this does not work try the following
    settings>applications>development>check debugging mode>plug in the device> let it recognize your phone> unplug shut off debugging mode, and try to mount the card again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Talking It worked...

The debugging worked! Thank you so much! I don't understand what debugging is but it worked!

Thank you for your time!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by txfroggy View Post
    The debugging worked! Thank you so much! I don't understand what debugging is but it worked!

Thank you for your time!
    You are very welcome,,,, Debugging mode, i believe allows the computer to connect to the phones operating system, when you turn it on and plug it in i think it installs the drivers it needs on its own, like plug and play. once the computer recognizes the phone a developer can use something called android debugging bridge. and they basically can write directly to the phone.

if i am wrong or incomplete someone please help elaborate.

could have just pulled the sd card, and put it in a card reader, then in the computer, the computer would show it as another drive, then go to the DCIM folder.

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    You are very welcome,,,, Debugging mode, i believe allows the computer to connect to the phones operating system, when you turn it on and plug it in i think it installs the drivers it needs on its own, like plug and play. once the computer recognizes the phone a developer can use something called android debugging bridge. and they basically can write directly to the phone.

if i am wrong or incomplete someone please help elaborate.
    I didn't really understand the OP's post... the words were so... what?!

Anyway, DroidXcon... debugging mode is only for running the adb. If the OP was trying to pull some stuff off of his phone, he could connect it to the computer and change the settings to Disk Drive, this allows the computer to recognize the phone when it's plugged into the USB port.

The debugger allows you to, as you said, run the adb and start a shell to do things on the phone through the computer.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by truslide View Post

Anyway, DroidXcon... debugging mode is only for running the adb. If the OP was trying to pull some stuff off of his phone, he could connect it to the computer and change the settings to Disk Drive, this allows the computer to recognize the phone when it's plugged into the USB port.

The debugger allows you to, as you said, run the adb and start a shell to do things on the phone through the computer.
    So how come when ive had trouble with my DX , droid. and now him with the evo, after doing this process it worked? or did i just luck out 3 times?

Edit: I reread that and it didnt sound nice, sorry didnt mean to come off sarcastic
    Does it automatically put it in disk mode?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truslide View Post

I had this happen to me last week. I don't have an option to connect as disk drive if the SD card is not recognized. I had to remove the SD card and use a reader to recover my pics...

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

What phone do you have. If it doesnt have disk drive it has mass storage option

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Unrooted Evo. Only 3 connection types were listed while SD card was not recognized; Charge Only, HTC sync and USB Tethering. I replaced the SD card with a newer one. everything works fine again.