New to Android and Evo

jake720

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. I just got my first Android device the Evo! I am amazed what this thing can do compared to my old Black Berry. Anyways it sounds like the phone has Swype but how do I turn it on or use it?

Thanks!

Jake

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, jake720.
Happy to have you on board the Android ship. Congrats on your new phone - Enjoy the forums.

Happy Holidays.

jake720

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses and have it up and running. Here is another question. I was using Sprint TV just fine and I have since ported my old number over and now I am getting an error that I am not authorized to use this application. I have called tech support several times and no one seems to be able to fix the issue. Anyone have any ideas? It is definitely amazing how archaic my Black Berry was compared to a phone like this. It will definietly be nice not having to make excuses as to why my phone won't do certain things. Anyways thanks again!

Jake

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Jake, first off welcome! and Yes Android is light years ahead of BB. My advice to you is to start buying your music from Amazon MP3, seriously your music will go with you no matter what! Secondly download Zedge, its a must have for Wallpapers and Ringtones!!! and lastly, dont download any task killers!!!! Your Evo is smart and powerful enough to do this on its own!!! Enjoy!

Oh and also always, always, always save your contacts to Google!!! incase you lose your phone you will always have your contatcs info!!! ( via Gmail )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36