My Evo $G battery seems to be dead. Won't charge or turn on. White screen blinks...

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The white HTC EVO 4G sometimes blinks rapidly on and off. There is a very faint red light that slowly blinks but then fades away. I've had my phone on the charger almost the whole night and still nothing.

It only happened when I was using PDANet on my phone connected to the laptop via USB, and since USB Charging doesn't go fast enough, the battery dies faster when in use.

Anyone have any tips? I've taken battery in and out, pressed power button multiple times. Different AC Adapters, same thing. When it 's plugged in, there is no status light indicating it's charging---that's how dead it is.

Phone is stock. Thanks

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure but I would pull the battery, leave it out for a few minutes plug it back in and not do anything for a few until hopefully the red light comes back on.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What I believe you're experiencing is an overheating battery, which causes a blinking red light. There is that possibility that the battery might be damage by what had happen.

What I would recommend you do is - install a battery percent app from the market... preferable one that is placed in the status bar. Then turn on battery health. (Install battery status bar)

Important: Replace the battery if its health display bad.

Good Luck.
Happy Holidays.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, I left it on the charger for a day, and it wouldn't power on. Sprint replaced it for free, they said the phone was fried somehow and the battery was bloated (almost to the point it was going to burst). So I got a brand new Evo, hardware version 3 this time (previous was a version 2), and the screen is definitely different. Has a washed out look to the colors. Doesn't bother me too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes