Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default hero of sparta on the EVO issue.

I got the game last week when it was free, its starts and plays just fine. When I reboot my phone I get an error that says the game as stopped unexpectedly. This only happens on a start. What's causing it?

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

This was happening to me also. I just deleted the game altogether. I dont want or need any apps that are gona lag or slow my phone in any way.
    Thanked by:

Same here. After seeing it twice, I uninstalled it for good.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That's what I did.

I got the same error popping up on my DInc as well.

Considering that most of the Gameloft games are not available on the Market it makes me wary that there's something going on that shouldn't be. So I kept the apk but uninstalled the app
    Living the Incredible life
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I backed it up with my backup pro and uninstalled, I have dungeon hunter also but that seems to work fine.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Same here .. It took forever to install to begin with .. Then the error messages started popping up when I had never opened the game .. I uninstalled the next day .. Wasn't worth the hassle .. I too downloaded Dungeon Hunter when it was free from them but have had not 1 issue with the game.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt

Is it still available for free?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    Is it still available for free?
    No, last time I checked it wasn't.

I didn't have that issue with my phone after installing the game when it was free. After installing it my phone didn't know where I was.... It thought I was in Brazil. LOL It was the only new thing I had installed in a while.

Had to hard reset and didn't install that game again and the phone has been fine.

I uninstalled as well. I figure I still have awhile before I beat Assassin's Creed anyway, and its not worth the FC popups.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Ok so I went to appbrain to check a few things and saw this.
    So I then went to the game and it made me download more data. I was shocked thinking Gameloft actually cared enough to fix the issues everyone was having with heros of Sparta. Well it played fine for a while no force closes at all. Well wouldn't you know it right as I posting this I get a force close on it lmao. I guess this is why Gameloft wont join the market Smh
    Last edited by Evo soul; 01-02-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Is this some kind of DRM that is causing the game to crash even when its not running? Maybe some kind of "phone home" to verify a legitimate copy? I get a FC every time I have rebooted my phone and at other times as well.

I emailed Gameloft about getting updates to the free games and they responded that unless I purchased the game there was no support or updates.

How is appbrain doing updates to gameloft games? I thought appbrain just went through the normal market?

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Not sure what app brain uses to know of updates but i should have mentioned going to the game on my app brain list wouldn't work. Strangely this is not the first time app brain told me of updates before market did.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I get the fc on boot and when I unlock my phone. It's too bad I liked the game.

Uninstalled mine as well because of the same issues.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

I had an issue with my weather channel app. Decided to uninstall HoS because of the FC issue. Wouldn't you know it, my weather app works perfectly again. Go figure.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Same issue here. I just deleted it all together.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    Uninstalled mine as well because of the same issues.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
    And for those of us that actually paid for it? Gameloft has to be the worst when it comes to support. lesson learned though never buy anything outside of the market again.

Same here, took it off.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I sent them an email about Nova too and they said they would give me a copy of any of thier games and I picked Avatar and never heard back from them. Great service.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I sent them an email about Nova too and they said they would give me a copy of any of thier games and I picked Avatar and never heard back from them. Great service.
    Look at it this way at least the responded to you. I have yet to here back from the crooks.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by Evo soul View Post
    Look at it this way at least the responded to you. I have yet to here back from the crooks.
    Thats too bad, I was thinking that they were just closed for the Christmas and new years. But now I doubt it.

ROM
    Sense 4.0

I have seen the same issues with Hero of Sparta. I have been wary of downloading the extra content for Dungeon Hunter because of this, but I did not want to be out of a few free 4.99 games so I did not uninstall. My email to Gameloft describing the issue was never responded to so I may have to just uninstall and not worry about this particular game.
    Last edited by jprins68; 01-03-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo

Call me crazy but I want to beat the darn game first before uninstalling it, even though I am having the exact same issue. FC when I reboot, but that's it.
    Rooted - Running Vaelpak 3.1
    Launcher Pro Plus
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast