Problem with Alarm?

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Welp, I've noticed something odd about the alarm on my Evo.

Lets say you have an alarm set. And a lock screen where you have to enter a 4 digit code to unlock the phone. And you happen to be in a call.

So, I'm in a call. The alarm goes off in my headset. Ok, so I go over and try to turn it off, only there's no alarm controls (you know how it usually has slide down to turn off, or press snooze button), it's just the phone application. You can't press anything here, except end call, because the phone is actually locked. So you press the power button to bring up the lock screen, enter your code, and it unlocks the phone, but still no way to turn off alarm.

I've tried unchecking the alarm, I've tried ending the two alarm processes in the process list. The only thing that fixes it is rebooting the phone. It's the worst problem ever, because you have to tell your caller what's going on, then power off the phone. While the phone is powering off, the alarm is going full blast from the back speaker, till the phone shuts off.

So..what the f?

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Go to the clock app.....slide ovr to alarms then...menu- Settingsside button behavior then decide on none-snooze-or dismiss.....maybe that'll help

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a similiar bug. I don't have any locks, but this is a repeating problem although not always consistent.
I thought it was related to perhaps using Mp3's as alarm sounds, but it repeats with system provided sounds.
*All settings are normal for the alarm.
*Alarm goes off at appointed time (typical wake-up use), but the "Snooze or dismiss" screen doesn't appear. The volume button on the side set to snooze doesn't work either. It is setup in settings to do this and has worked. However, this bug has happened intermittently since I got the phone in June. Strangely, it is pretty consistent since the last Evo update.
*non-rooted phone
There is NO WAY to turn the volume down or stop the alarm. I used to pull the battery until I figured out that I could power down. This is the only way to stop it.
*Everything else functions fine during this should I navigate elsewhere.

I hope other have some constructive input.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If I'm getting the gist of what ur saying (Snooze/dimis) is missing?.....not sure if you have tried this...go into ur alarm settings and delete all ur alarms....then reinstall just one for say...3-4 mins away and check to see if thats showing correctly....I've noticed that when updates come in they tend to foul up some apps and I have to reset those apps

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Go to the clock app.....slide ovr to alarms then...menu- Settingsside button behavior then decide on none-snooze-or dismiss.....maybe that'll help

Alright, sorry for late reply, but was waiting for it to happen again.

This did not fix it. It's something that's going to need to be fixed by HTC and Sprint in an update.

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have this same problem occasionally, no screen to turn off the alarm. Just have to reboot. It its rare, but happens occasionally.

Swyped from my Evo 4G.