What do you think? EVO vs EVO shift

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nope...wouldnt do it.....the only real difference I'm seeing is the physical keyboard....and coming from the PRE I email and text alot and the keyboard took the toll....becoming loose and even lost a screw so i'll stick to the version 1 EVO

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Leaving no but it will be added to my second line. Physical keyboard, new processor, better battery life. How could you lose on it.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
If it had a front-facing camera, I'd think about it. Wifey and I both have EVO's, and I like the video chat function.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am not a fan of slider phones in the first place. I have seen too many instances where the slide breaks or rips the cables. (thats partly why i am sworn off of flip phones too)

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
No. No interest in going to a smaller phone (once you go 4.3, you never go back).

Also, sliding qwerty is just another moving part that can break / adds bulk (besides, I like the on-screen keyboard = Swype).

I'll leave the EVO when they come out with an EVO Pro / EVO Deluxe / EVO with Cheese that has a dual core processor, more RAM, internal memory etc.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
After the Pre I'm done with any moving parts on a cell phone!

+1,999,245,973

Didn't you love the oreo effect and closing it, only to knock the battery loose and have it suddenly shut off?!?

It certainly made me swear off of them, too!

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ya ya it something new but they are sorta downgrading alot of thing I'm not going to name but if you own and Evo like me then you saw what was going on speedy what ever don't care when your loosing so much and adding more weakening part that are deff going to brake soon or later and I will say like alot of people are saying now I'm sticking with the BIG SIMPLY PERFECT EVO :) SORRY 800 MHZ processer I'm happy with my mid range 1ghz old chip haha and front facing video camera

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol wow. To each there own I guess but I think it has many advantages over the og evo ( feels weird saying that when its not even a year old yet. ) but hey that's the beauty of it we have choice.

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the Epic and I cringe everytime she opens the slider keyboard. It's like having bad flashbacks! I want 0 wobble in my phone!

+1,999,245,973

Didn't you love the oreo effect and closing it, only to knock the battery loose and have it suddenly shut off?!?

It certainly made me swear off of them, too!

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol of course that's why there are a million different phones for android lol I mean alot hugh tall small odd haha but that really is up to the user to tap in to the potential of android :) love choices and I'm hooked on my new Evo

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

twister17e

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I would not trade my Evo for the EVO Shift. I came from the Pre as well and the slider became very loose. The larger screen, faster speed, and front cam come in handy.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely not. I cant stand sliders. Also I think it looks terrible. There's WAY too much wasted space on the bottom. It looks really weird. While it may be faster than the original Evo, the Evo is still fast enough. NO FFC, no HDMI, no kickstand, smaller screen.. ya I'll pass..

And just for the record.. Even though it's rated at "only 800mhz", it's gonna be at least as fast as the 1ghz Evo, possibly even slightly faster. But still not enough for me to switch over. Not a chance in hell