Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ROM
    Fresh EVO 2.6.32.17

Default Re: Speakerphone problem

Meh. Each to his own, I guess. Personally, I'm too anal(ytical) to NOT go through 100+ apps and find the problem. And forever running Bluetooth would bother the heck out of me. Take care, man

It doesn't bother me, especially because my home phone has a bluetooth to cell feature. With the bluetooth feature left in the on mode on my EVO, I don't have to try and remember to keep turning it on when I get home.

I've tried cleaning the USB connection but no cure. I don't know what app may be casuing it, how can I diagnose? also, how does one go about changing the permissions for apps? Or do you have to totally remove the offending app?

This is a very old thread, but there are TONS of them across the web with zero solutions... so if someone else should search for this like I did, I want to save them the trouble.

I was also having the problem that my phone would jump into dock mode constantly, and forcefully removing the dock app did little to help. While the speakerphone issue is annoying, the WORST part was that it kept turning on my screen randomly, and it leaves the screen on.

Anyway, the fix is to use an app called NoDock by NOTHIZE. You need to be rooted, but if you're not rooted, what the hell are you doing here?!?! It completely removed the issue for me, which is incredible. They do have a trial version that you can test for 7 days before you buy it, but they kind of have you over the barrel on this one: I tried a few other Play Store apps with no success.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12