1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default Deleting contacts question

I have looked on the forums but couldn't find anything about this. I have a couple of contacts that are email only on my phone that I want to delete but unable to do this. Any help would be great.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Do you have you Facebook link to your contacts?
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

IMO it's easier to manage google contacts from a desktop computer. Just login to gmail or google voice and click on contacts and erase the people you'd like to erase.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

@ Fred. New a way to do it from the phone.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

I had the same dilemma just yesterday. I had contacts that were just emails, either from facebook or yahoo (I think). I couldn't long press and delete like a regular contact so I just ended up linking them to the facebook or google contact I already had since most were already on my phone as regular contacts. This made my contact list a lot cleaner.

Would be nice to know if there was a way to just delete though.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Just set the phone to not display the contacts for which you have no phone numbers. In your contacts list, press the menu button, choose view, and check the box for "Only contacts with phone numbers." That's what I do.

Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

^^Thanks for the help everyone. I just did the one that said show only ones with numbers. There has to be a way to delete those ones some how. I did try going into google but there not even there. Thanks everyone.